Dr. Girard received her professional doctorate in Audiology from Indiana University, and she specializes in the diagnosis and management of hearing loss, tinnitus, and balance disorders. A strong advocate for patient empowerment, she believes that hearing is the most critical of all the senses. “Every patient’s hearing needs are different. We enjoy the everyday challenge of helping people hear their best, whether it is empowering our patients with our Sound Advice Classes, or finding the right hearing device for each patient’s specific needs. We especially like the smiles from our patients after they realize the difference in their hearing.”
Dr. Girard holds the Certificate in American Sign Language and Deaf Studies from the University of Iowa, and has earned her certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology by the American Speech and Hearing Association. In addition, she is a fellow member of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology and the American Academy of Audiology. Furthermore, she has served on the Board of Directors of the Illinois Academy of Audiology, and has presented on several topics, including hearing loop technology, and ultra-high frequency audiometry at state and national conventions. Locally, Dr. Girard has given educational seminars on a variety of topics, including Hearing Loss and Dementia and Fall Prevention.
An Illinois native, Dr. Girard resides in the northwest suburbs with her husband and their son.
Dr. Kneip received her professional doctorate in Audiology. Professional interests include diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, patient education, and empowering patients to be advocates for themselves and others with hearing loss.
Dr. Kneip was honored for Outstanding Academic Achievement while completing her Doctorate in Audiology. Her professional memberships include American Academy of Audiology (AAA), Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), Illinois Academy of Audiology (ILAA), and the Ida Institute. She has presented at the North Shore chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America, Rotary Clubs, AARP, and Senior Circle on a variety of topics, including the importance of assistive devices, hearing loops, aural rehabilitation classes, and the link between hearing loss and dementia. Dr. Kneip teaches Beyond Hearing Aids: Sound Advice Classes at Hearing Associates, and leads the Waukegan Deaf and Hearing Loss support group.
Dr. Kneip resides in the northwest suburbs. She enjoys watching football, and spending time with her family and friends.
Selina has been with Hearing Associates for two years. As a Licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist with a Bachelor of Science in Communication Science & Disorders, Selina uses her comprehensive knowledge and passion for technology to help patients improve their hearing and communication.
Our Licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist, Linda Chudd has been with Hearing Associates for over fifteen years. With a B.A. in Mathematics and Teacher Certification from Eastern Illinois University as well as an abundance of CE classes and Oticon training hours under her belt, Linda aims to help each patient hear the best they can in all listening environments.
Read 10 verified patient reviews for Hearing Associates Inc - Libertyville! Their average review score is 5 () from 10 reviews.
“I liked their professionalism.”
“They were knowledgeable and knew what they were doing.”
“I liked her manner and her knowledge.”
“She was very helpful and good interacting skills. ”
“They were able to take me in right away and I did not have to wait weeks for an appointment. ”
About this clinic
For over 30 years, Hearing Associates has been helping people who have concerns about their hearing and balance. Our doctors of audiology at Hearing Associates are educated, trained, and experienced to investigate, diagnose, and treat: Ringing of the ears Problems hearing in background noise Hearing but not understanding Sensitivity to loud sounds Momentary dizziness when getting up Frequent incapacitating room spinning Our doctors of audiology are medicare (and other insurance) providers. Testing is often covered.
- Hearing tests and a wide variety of hearing aids for all lifestyles and budgets
- Basic comprehensive audiometry
- Speech in noise test
- Immittance measurements
- Distortion product otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing
- Ultra high frequency audiometry (HFA) assessment
- Amplified telephones
- Television amplifiers
- Hearing loops (the TV in each of our waiting rooms is looped for demonstration purposes)
- Amplified doorbell ringers, shake-awake alarm clocks, and other alerting devices
- Aural rehabilitation classes (complimentary)
- Beyond hearing aids: sound advice classes are offered on the first three Wednesdays of the month in the conference room at our Gurnee office. Reservations are required.
- Tinnitus management
- Custom earmolds and earplugs
- Our doctors of audiology at Hearing Associates will assist you in securing a free amplified telephone from ITAC (Illinois Telecommunications Access Corporation). Audiologists are the only professionals (in addition to your physician) who can certify that you qualify for this free government service. And, we will help you obtain an addition ITAC amplified telephone every four years.
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am - 4:00 pm|
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details