Cincinnati Hearing Center, LLC
Dr. Donnellon earned her Doctor of Audiology degree from the University of Cincinnati. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology and is committed to helping individuals with hearing loss. She has served in a variety of clinical settings ranging from pediatric care to veterans affairs. She has extensive experience counseling new hearing aid users, and her research in this area has been published in The Hearing Journal. Dr. Donnellon is a Western Hills native. She is excited to help those in her home community achieve a higher quality of life by attending to their hearing needs.
Dr. Curry earned his Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Audiology degrees from the University of Cincinnati. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology and a certified animal audiologist as well.
He has a wide range of clinical experience from hospital settings to private practices and pediatrics to geriatrics. Dr. Curry completed his residency in Traverse City, MI at Munson Medical Center.
His primary goal is to treat hearing loss to prevent cognitive decline that has been linked to Alzheimer's and dementia.
Dr. Richard joined the Cincinnati Hearing Center staff in 2017 after working with Drs. Thomas and Robert Schrimpf for over 20 years. He earned his Masters degree in Audiology from the University of Tennessee and obtained a clinical doctorate in Audiology from the School of Audiology of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. His background includes experience in hospital, clinical, industrial and private practice settings. Dr. Dubrowski is looking forward to seeing all of his current patients, and would like to welcome them to stop by and say hello to him in his new office.
ReviewsHealthy Hearing posts all positive and negative reviews that meet publishing criteria.
Read 3 verified patient reviews for Cincinnati Hearing Center, LLC! Their average review score is 5 () from 3 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“Absolutely loved my experience. Came in to have ear plugs made for my 4 year old who has tubes in his ears. The process was fast and easy. They went above and beyond with my child. Would highly recommend for anyone who needs ear protection.”
“I have been a patient at Cincinnati Hearing Center for a long time. Dr. Dubrowski and Dr. Amy Donnellon are wonderful. Expert care is so critical. You get this at Cincinnati Hearing Center; something you may not get when you go to a bargain source. ”
“From the minute you walk in the door (Juliann is the best!), you will be greeted by genuinely caring people who are knowledgable and skilled. Dr. Curry and Dr. Donnellon will answer all of your questions and will make sure that you are satisfied. ”
A message from Cincinnati Hearing Center, LLC:
All of us here at Cincinnati Hearing Center are dedicated to the health and safety of all of our patients and their families. Due to the current outbreak of Covid-19 (coronavirus) we are taking necessary steps to limit the spread of the virus. If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment please call our office to speak with Juliann or leave a message.
The professionals at Cincinnati Hearing Center are committed to guiding you through the entire process of addressing your hearing health, from answering your questions about hearing loss and providing individualized consultation to finding the hearing solutions that are right for you, your lifestyle, and your budget. Get ready to enjoy what you’ve been missing. It’s the little things in life that mean the most.
The first step is to come into our office for a complimentary hearing consultation. One of our highly trained doctors specializing in audiology will evaluate your hearing health, discuss their findings with you in easy-to-understand terms, address any concerns that you may have, and explain what steps should be taken next.
Hearing care services
Cincinnati Hearing Center looks forward to serving as your personal resource for all of your hearing concerns. Our staff would be more than happy to give you an overview of how hearing works, as well as the symptoms and causes of hearing loss and its effects. We can also explain what could happen if a hearing loss goes untreated and provide recommendations on how to hear what you’ve been missing so that you are free to enjoy life to the fullest.
When you come in (or bring in a loved one) for a hearing evaluation, our audiologists will spend time listening to your concerns and performing some painless tests to determine whether you have a hearing loss and if so, how severe it is. This process only takes about an hour.
We off a full line of hearing aids at all price points. We offer 2 week trial periods to try hearing aids out and see the benefit for yourself!**
What to Expect During a Hearing Evaluation:
1. Assessment: Our hearing professionals will ask you a series of questions regarding your medical and hearing history. These questions will be about the noise you’ve been exposed to in your life, any injuries or illnesses that may have affected your hearing, and any medications that you are currently taking.
2. Visual Examination: An otoscope, a cone-shaped device with a light inside, will be used to examine your eardrums and ear canals. Our hearing professionals will be looking for any physical or external problems with the ears before testing your hearing.
3. Tone Test: Once you’ve answered the assessment questions and have finished the visual examination, we’ll begin the hearing test. Our hearing professionals will take you to a sound-treated room that blocks out sounds from the outside, and earphones will be inserted in your ears. When we administer the test, you will be listening for tones in a variety of pitches. All you need to do is push a hand-held button when you hear the sounds.
This hearing test evaluates all aspects of your hearing in both ears, including eardrums, canals, and sounds that are transmitted through the bone behind each ear to the inner ear.
4. Speech Test: During this part of the evaluation, we will use a microphone to speak simple words directly into your earphones, and you will need to repeat them. You’ll hear two-syllable words that will get softer and softer until you can’t hear them. Next, you will hear one-syllable words, and the volume will be consistent throughout the rest of the test rather than getting softer and softer as before.
5. Impedance Test: This test will indicate how well your eardrums are moving and whether any middle-ear problems exist. Our professionals will put a probe into your ear and increase or decrease air pressure allowing them to evaluate your middle-ear capabilities.
The results of these tests will be plotted on a graph called an audiogram. An audiogram is arranged with frequencies across the top and shows the relative ability of your right and left ears to hear at various frequencies.
Additional Hearing Care Services:
Hearing Aid Repair
We are able to repair and program most hearing aids, regardless of brand or age.
Assistive Listening Devices
We offer a full line of assistive listening devices (ALDs) and stock a variety of ALDs for you to try out and purchase, including amplified telephones, TV listening devices, doorbells, and alarm clocks. These devices offer people with hearing loss simple, affordable solutions for specific, everyday situations. ALDs alert you to sounds you may not be able to hear well and amplify sounds you would like to hear better. They can make listening and communicating less stressful and tiresome in day-to-day situations, even for those who already wear hearing aids.
Custom earmolds are available for hearing aids or to protect your ears from noise (including occupation-related loud noise), swimming, loud music/instruments, and communication equipment.
We will file your insurance and workers' compensation claims for you. We are also providers for Ford and GM workers' and retirees' programs.
Ask us about available financing. We understand that these are tough economic times. Cincinnati Hearing Center is committed to working with you to make your hearing solutions more accessible.
We offer a two-week trial and a 30-day return policy for your hearing aids. You may receive a full refund or exchange your hearing aids for a new style or brand if need be.
**Please call our office for details on our 2-week trial.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Hours of operation
|Monday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Saturday||Open by appointment|
Visit our other locations
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details