Jaklin is a board certified clinical audiologist and hearing aid dispenser. She received her bachelor's degree from the University of California Los Angeles and her master's degree in audiology from California State University, Northridge. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology and is licensed by the California Hearing Aid Dispenser Board and Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology board. She is accredited with the American Speech Language and Hearing Association.
Jaklin speaks fluent English, Farsi, Hebrew, and Spanish.
Click on the orange button above and tell others about your experience at BrightHear - Los Angeles to help them find the hearing care they need.
BrightHear was co-founded by audiologists Dr. Daisy Elwick-Diep and Jaklin Naghdi Gabaee with the idea of providing hearing solutions to fit every lifestyle and every budget. We offer expert hearing care services to patients of all ages. Our highly experienced clinical professionals provide comprehensive testing, evaluations and offer the most advanced hearing devices that are available. We can help you make the best choices with all of your hearing needs and ensure a better quality of life through better hearing.
We offer two convenient locations, Los Angeles and Encino. The link to Encino is listed here for more information.
Our Los Angeles office is located in the Building on Wilshire Blvd. Wilshire La Jolla Pharmacy is next to the entrance with indoor parking entrance to left.
The most comprehensive and affordable hearing services in Los Angeles:
- Diagnostic hearing testing/evaluations - The results will help us determine your percentage of hearing loss, your ability to understand speech, and how hearing aids will improve your ability to hear.
- Otoacoustic emission testing -
- Tympanometry - An examination used to test the condition of the middle ear and mobility of the eardrum (tympanic membrane) air pressure in the ear This is performed during your diagnostic audiologic evaluation.
- Tinnitus evaluation - Described as a ringing in the ear
- Hearing aid expertise including the latest technology, including Bluetooth and rechageable hearing aids
- Hearing aid sales - BrightHear carries the most advanced hearing aid technology available.
- Hearing aid dispensing and fitting - You will receive the hearing aids you selected during your audiologic evaluation. They are programmed based on a prescription that is specific to your unique hearing loss.
- Hearing aid accessories and battery sales
- Hearing aid repairs - Minor hearing aid repairs can be done in-office in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer.
- Hearing aid maintenance scheduling - Our patients are encouraged to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning. Repairs, maintenance, cleanings, and warranties come with all brands of hearing aids.
- Earwax removal and management
- Custom earmolds and earplugs - If you often listen to live music, attend concerts, work with power tools, or watch fireworks, you should wear hearing protection.
- Musicians earplugs and monitors - Musician’s earplugs are custom-made devices that help limit the sound exposure from instruments, while still providing a rich musical experience for the performer or audience.
- Cell phone accessories for hearing aids - Many of today’s hearing aids are compatible with your smartphone. In addition, we offer custom earmolds for cell headsets, Bluetooth compatible devices, hands-free options, and more.
- Hearing Aid Batteries - We carry the following sizes of hearing aid batteries: Size 10 (yellow), Size 312 (brown), Size 13 (orange), Size 675 (blue)
- Now Offering Videonystagmography VNG Testing at our L.A. office. VNG testing is a type of balance evaluation for patients who experience dizziness or unsteadiness. This test allows us to measure a type of involuntary eye movement, these movements can be slow, fast, steady, or jerky. This testing will assist us in determining if your dizziness is caused by inner ear dysfunction, benign paroxysmal position vertigo (BPPV), or central pathology. To learn more about our VNG Testing contact us today!
- Cochlear implants - Members of the implant team (e.g., cochlear implants, middle ear implantable hearing aids, fully implantable hearing aids, bone anchored hearing aids, and all other amplification/signal processing devices.)
Hearing Aids at BrightHear - We will service any model of hearing aid and carry technology from the following manufacturers:
- ReSound GN
**Rechargeable, custom made and fitted styles also available
Assistive listening devices
We are preferred providers of the NFL Players Association’s Professional Athletes Foundation. Our goal is to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and fit them with the hearing technology they need.
We are a proud partner of HearStrong, an organization that spreads hearing loss awareness and provides hearing aids to those in need.
|Monday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Evening and/or weekend hours available by appointment. Please call to schedule.|
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details