Dr. Amy Sapodin earned her Master's in Audiology at Queens College in 1990 and her doctorate at the Arizona School of Health Sciences in 2002 and was recently recognized as an Academic Scholar by the American Academy of Audiology. She is knowledgeable in the latest technology in hearing devices so she can help you make the best choice in your hearing needs.
Dr. Sophia Behrmann is a dedicated professional in the field of audiology. She completed her Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology and Linguistics at Hunter College before pursuing her doctorate in Audiology from the Long Island Consortium, specifically Hofstra University. Dr. Behrmann's passion for audiology and helping others has been evident since her time as a student at the Academy of Audiology. Holding licenses as both a Doctor of Audiology and a Hearing Aid Dispenser. She possesses extensive expertise in diagnosing and fitting amplification for the adult population. Additionally Dr. Behrmann specializes in hearing conservation program, counseling and aural rehabilitation. Her commitment to education extends to leading our monthly hearing aid workshop, where she imparts valuable knowledge to our community.
Dr. Mallory Kislow received her Doctorate of Audiology from the Long Island Au.D. Consortium of Adelphi, Hofstra and St. John’s Universities. She completed her fourth year externship at NYU Langone Medical Center. She received her Bachelor of Science and Education degree from SUNY New Paltz, majoring in Communication Disorders.
Dr. Kislow is a licensed Audiologist and hearing aid dispenser in the state of New York. She holds her Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC-A) awarded by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
Read 38 verified patient reviews for I Love Hearing - Port Washington! Their average review score is 4.89 () from 38 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“Hearing aids have made my relationship with my children better than ever! I no longer guess what they are saying so we are all in a much better place than ever before! Thank you I Love Hearing for helping my family by helping me!”
“Dr. Behrmann is an exceptional audiologist. She is thorough, understanding, and provides excellent care!”
“I have been seeing Dr. Amy Sapodin ever since I was in middle school. I will be approaching my 30's in a year. This goes to show the level of trust I have when it comes to my hearing heath and journey. Both Dr. Sapodin and Dr. Sophia Behrmann have given me the best level of hearing care that I could ever ask for. At this point, I Love Hearing is basically my family. ”
“Dr. Behrmann is knowledgeable and listens to your concerns with a view towards making your hearing improve, not to sell you something. Truly professional and inspires trust. After you are fitted for hearing aids it is important to follow up and have adjustments made and ILH encourages this and makes it easy. ”
“Dr Behrmann and the entire staff were kind and compassionate to my grandmother. They treated her with tremendous respect and really heard what she was saying about her hearing issues. What a great experience! ”
I Love Hearing provides individual hearing care, our hearing care professionals continue to help patients restore the joy of hearing. At I Love Hearing, our caring experts listen to your needs and find the right hearing solution for you, regardless of manufacturer or brand.
At I Love Hearing, our audiologists offer the following services to our patients in the Nassau County, Long Island area:
- Comprehensive hearing testing and evaluations to determine your hearing sensitivity, degree and type of hearing loss, speech understanding in various listening conditions and confirguration of hearing loss.
- Tinnitus therapy - Why are my ears ringing nonstop? We can determine whether you’re suffering from tinnitus and develop a plan to reduce the annoying sounds in your ears.
- Hearing aid dispensing and fittings - Hearing aids will only work to address hearing loss if they properly fit to your ear. Our hearing aid specialists take the time to ensure a proper fit of your hearing aids that minimize itching, discomfort, and sweating.
- Hearing aid programming - We program your hearing aids with your prescription (the results of your audiogram), this process ensures that the hearing aid provides the optimal amplification and sound quality tailored to your unique hearing requirements.
- Auditory therapy & rehabilitation - We provide auditory therapy and speech comprehension services, specifically designed for anyone struggling with understanding speech. In some cases, additional speech comprehension treatments may be needed beyond standard hearing aids
- Ear wax management
- Assistive listening devices
- Hearing protection
- After hours phone support services
Addl. hearing aid services:
- Hearing aid accessories
- Hearing aid services including cleaning, checks, maintenance and repairs
- Hearing aid batteries
Hearing aid sales – latest technolog available including Bluetooth for simple streaming connectibility. Users can enjoy phone calls, music, podcast, videos and other audio content directly through their hearing aids for an enhanced listening experience and user convience. Among the brands we offer are:
Recharegaeble hearing aid options also avaiable
Frequently asked questions:
Can I try my hearing aid before buying it?
- You’ll always have the final say in your hearing aid choice. At I Love Hearing, you can always try it before you buy it.
Do hearing aids work for tinnitus?
- Hearing aids have been shown to counter tinnitus. In fact, hearing aids are just one of the many methods of tinnitus therapy that we offer.
Do I need hearing aids in both ears?
- If you have hearing loss in both ears, binaural hearing aids (aids for both ears) are recommended. Similarly to how glasses usually treat both eyes, hearing aids work best when they treat both ears.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
|Monday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 6 pm|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details