Dr. Alison Hoffman earned her Doctorate in Audiology from the Arizona School of Health Sciences as well as her master's degree in audiology from Hofstra University. Prior to that, she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Disorders and Sciences from Queens College, City University of New York. She holds a certificate of clinical competency in Audiology from the American Speech Language Hearing Association. Her professional memberships include the American Academy of Audiology as well as the American Speech Language Hearing Association. She holds NY state audiology and hearing aid dispensing licenses.
- Doctorate of Audiology - Arizona School of Health Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Audiology - Adelphi University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Disorders and Sciences - Adelphi University
- American Speech-Language & Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology
Read 7 verified patient reviews for Advanced Hearing Center - Chelsea! Their average review score is 5 () from 7 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“Dr. Barnett is a superb professional. She came highly recommended by my ENT specialist to deal with my hearing loss, and I certainly agree with his assessment. She is knowledgeable, thorough and caring, and she takes enough time to do the job properly. I just finished my third annual followup visit with Dr. Barnett and look forward to many more,”
“Dr. Barnett is great. She was very thorough and explained everything and too all the time needed. When the exam showed no issues she did not try to sell me on anything. All good”
“Dr Hoffmann is a pro with integrity, up to date in her know how, beholden to no one brand of hearing aid, willing to go the extra mile to get your aids fine tuned. Simply the BEST. ”
“New Office was very comfortable. Desk clerk efficient and my Dr was thorough.”
“Excellent Dr. and service! Thank you Alison!”
Since 2002, the experts at Advanced Hearing Center have helped more than 10,000 people improve their lives through effective hearing care. Offering the latest in audiological treatments, the professionals at Advanced Hearing Center focus on your satisfaction by offering exceptional, compassionate care tailored to your individual hearing related needs.
Hearing Aid Services - At Hearing Associates, we accompany you on your journey to better hearing by providing:
- Extensive hearing testing/evaluations
- Treatment options for every budget
- The latest hearing aid technology
- Hearing aid battery recycling
- Comprehensive follow-up care, including maintenance, cleaning and minor repairs
- Hearing aid education
- Redux moisture removal systems for hearing aids (available at our Mason City and Albert Lea offices)
Selecting Hearing Aids - Once we have assisted you in determining the most suitable hearing aid for your needs, we will proceed to measure you ears and place an order for your customized devices. Once your devices arrive, we’ll fit them to your ears utilizing Real Ear Measurement (REM). This process ensures precise programming of your test results and preferences, delivering a tailored and ideal listening experience. We carry hearing devices and products from some of the leading manufacturers in the industry:
We carry hearing aid devices that differ in size, placement, feature, amplification including rechargeable hearing aid options.
Tinnitus Treatment - Experiencing roaring, buzzing or ringing in your ears? Schedule a tinnitus treatment appointment and our audiologists will help provide a solution that best for your needs.
Custom Hearing Protection - Products from Westone and Sound Gear in standard or digital protection options for:
- Musician Ear Plugs
- Custom Earbuds
- Swim Molds
Financing - Hearing Associates has information to help patients relieve the financial pressure of paying for their hearing aids.
- We are contracted with many insurance companies that offer audiological service coverage.
- There are several financing options, subject to credit approval, that can help you get your hearing aids sooner and pay them off over time.
Our Classes - “Your Hearing Journey” is a series of classes that provide support, education and information to help you:
- Network with people who share similar hearing experiences.
- Find answers to your questions.
- Understand appropriate expectations of sound amplification.
- Learn to care for and maintain your hearing aids.
- Implement effective communication strategies.
- Learn about environmental obstacles and how to overcome them.
- Develop strategies to protect your hearing.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
|Monday||Open by appointment|
|Tuesday||Open by appointment|
|Wednesday||Open by appointment|
|Thursday||Open by appointment|
|Friday||Open by appointment|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details