Uhring's Hearing & Balance Center - State College
It is outside of normal business hours for this location. Please fill out the appointment request form for a call back.
Dr. Elise Uhring has over 25 years as a practicing audiologist. She earned her Masters in Audiology degree from Pennsylvania College of Optometry and Audiology and is a member of The American Academy of Audiology and The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. With her extensive clinical experience she specializes in advanced-technology hearing aids that individually fit a person’s hearing loss and in the assessment of dizziness and the treatment of vestibular problems.
Dr. Angela Boonie completed her undergraduate degree Communication Sciences and Disorders from Penn State University in 2002 and her Doctorate of Audiology from Bloomsburg University in 2006. She has over a decades' experience helping others hear their best. Dr. Boonie specializes in diagnostic audiology and digital hearing aid technology. She is a current member of The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and holds her Certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology.
Read 23 verified patient reviews for Uhring's Hearing & Balance Center - State College! Their average review score is 4.7 () from 23 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“Dr. Uhring is professional, knowledgable, considerate, and kind. In addition, her staff are a great team. I am confident in Dr. Uhring's ability to correctly determine my hearing needs. She also always takes time with me and listens to my concerns. You really cannot go wrong with this audiology practice.”
“Dr. Uhring was AMAZING! Had a houseguest who was in from out of town and needed some diagnostic work done on a hearing aid. Not only did Dr. Uhring get them in immediately, she was also able to diagnose the issue and fix it in no time flat! It was a relatively simple fix, so she was kind enough to not even charge us. Would absolutely recommend Dr. Uhring and her team. They were a very thoughtful and caring team. ”
“Dr. Elise North Uhring was such a blessing. She went out of her way to make me comfortable, explaining what was going on with my ears. What a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor! Thank you! ”
“My experience was very good. ”
“Bonnie is the best, always fixes any problems I have with my hearing aids and does it with a smile! ”
A message from Uhring's Hearing & Balance Center - State College:
We are taking all precautions according to the CDC to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Please call us with inquiries regarding our Covid-19 protocol.
Uhring's Hearing & Balance offers complete hearing care services to patients of all ages. Our highly experienced clinical professionals provide expert testing, evaluations and offer the most advanced hearing devices that are available. We can help you make the best choices with all of your hearing needs and ensure a better quality of life through better hearing.
*We have three convenient locations to better serve you. See our links listed above.
Uhring's Hearing & Balance Services For Patients Of All Ages
What can you expect from your initial visit to our office?
- First and foremost you are treated with respect. All patients are unique and individual and will be treated as such. If you are not greeted with a smile, let us know!
- During this visit, you will provide us with fundamental details including your insurance information. We will be asking you for background information, and proceed with a through comprehensive audiological evaluation (hearing examination). It's important to note this is not the same as a hearing screening that may be offered free at other offices.
- Plan for your initial visit lasting 1 to 1.5 hours.
- If hearing loss is detected, we'll input your loss into the computer and program a set of hearing aids that we feel best fit your loss and lifestyle. Immediate improvement in your hearing should be noticeable.
- We carry hearing aids from the leading manufacturers, including EarQ, Oticon, ReSound, Signia, Starkey and Phonak.
- We provide hearing aid sales with a variety of pricing options to select from. You may even qualify for a free two-week trial on hearing devices.
- What is the best instrument for you? One you will wear! After choosing your instruments, make a down payment and receive an extra 45 days to determine their suitability. Once the trial period concludes, you'll settle the remaining balance.
- CareCredit financing is an option for patients who prefer a payment plan.
- Quarterly cleanings are recommend and schedule all of our patients. *Scheduled cleanings and visits are at no charge while your instrument is under warranty with the manufacturer.
- Hearing aid repairs, we are able to repair all the major hearing devices brands right in our office.
- Tinnitus Management - When a person hears sounds that are not actually present in the environment. People with tinnitus most commonly refer to it as a ringing in the ears, but it can also be perceived as whooshing, buzzing, or hissing. There are over 50 million Americans who are affected by tinnitus.
- Auditory processing disorder diagnosis and treatment.
- Hearing aid battery and accessory sales.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
We are preferred providers of the NFL Players Association’s Professional Athletes Foundation. Our goal is to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and fit them with the hearing technology they need.
We are a proud partner of HearStrong, an organization that spreads hearing loss awareness and provides hearing aids to those in need.
|Monday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details