Dr. Elise Uhring has been an audiologist for over 20 years. Prior to practicing in Huntingdon, she was the Clinic Coordinator and an instructor at Penn State University. Dr. Uhring has presented at conferences on hearing health subjects and has been published in audiology journals in the area of Auditory Processing Disorders. Dr. Uhring’s previous experiences have included full time employment in an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor’s office, a Veteran’s Administration Hospital, as well as consultant for various retirement villages. Current interests included: diagnostic audiology, digital hearing aid technology, and auditory processing disorders. With over 20 years of clinical experience working closely with several ENT’s and many other physicians, Dr. Uhring has the extensive experience to professionally assess, diagnose and treat all audiological related problems. She specializes in advanced-technology hearing aids that individually fit a person’s hearing loss and in the assessment of dizziness and the treatment of vestibular problems.
Read 10 verified patient reviews for Uhring's Hearing & Balance - Lewistown! Their average review score is 5 () from 10 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“Being from out of town, and having a problem with my Starky hearing aids they serviced and inspected my unit, fixed. No charge! They were wonderful! Locals should be using their service!”
“My husband and I highly recommend Uhring's Hearing and Balance in Lewistown. Dr. Hoy offers courteous, kind and comfortable testing, fitting and follow up. Our hearing aids have been life changing for us. Five stars to Dr. Hoy and her staff for their excellent service. ”
“This office is very caring, polite and especially helpful. I have recommended a lot of people to go there. ”
“Excellent service and follow-up, would recommend services to anyone. ”
Uhring's Hearing & Balance offers complete hearing care services to patients of all ages. Our highly experienced clinical professionals provide expert testing, evaluations and offer the most advanced hearing devices that are available. We can help you make the best choices with all of your hearing needs and ensure a better quality of life through better hearing.
Uhring's Hearing & Balance services for patients of all ages
What can you expect from your initial visit to our office?
- First and foremost you are treated with respect. All patients are unique and individual and will be treated as such. If you are not greeted with a smile, let us know!
- During this visit, you will provide us with fundamental details including your insurance information. We will be asking you for background information, and proceed with a through comprehensive audiological evaluation (hearing examination). It's important to note this is not the same as a hearing screening that may be offered free at other offices.
- Plan for your initial visit lasting 1 to 1.5 hours.
- If hearing loss is detected, we'll input your loss into the computer and program a set of hearing aids that we feel best fit your loss and lifestyle. Immediate improvement in your hearing should be noticeable.
- We carry hearing aids from the leading manufacturers, including EarQ, Oticon, ReSound, Signia, Starkey and Phonak.
- We provide hearing aid sales with a variety of pricing options to select from. You may even qualify for a free two-week trial on hearing devices.
- What is the best instrument for you? One you will wear! After choosing your instruments, make a down payment and receive an extra 45 days to determine their suitability. Once the trial period concludes, you'll settle the remaining balance.
- CareCredit financing is an option for patients who prefer a payment plan.
- Quarterly cleanings are recommend and schedule all of our patients. *Scheduled cleanings and visits are at no charge while your instrument is under warranty with the manufacturer.
- Hearing aid repairs, we are able to repair all the major hearing devices brands right in our office.
- Tinnitus Management - When a person hears sounds that are not actually present in the environment. People with tinnitus most commonly refer to it as a ringing in the ears, but it can also be perceived as whooshing, buzzing, or hissing. There are over 50 million Americans who are affected by tinnitus.
- Auditory processing disorder diagnosis and treatment.
- Hearing aid battery and accessory sales.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
We are preferred providers of the NFL Players Association’s Professional Athletes Foundation. Our goal is to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and fit them with the hearing technology they need.
We are a proud partner of HearStrong, an organization that spreads hearing loss awareness and provides hearing aids to those in need.
|Monday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday||Open by appointment|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- Insurance accepted, please call for details