Ocala Hears Audiology
It is outside of normal business hours for this location. Please fill out the appointment request form for a call back.
Dr. Evans Pemba is the owner and Audiologist of Ocala Hears Audiology. He is a proud graduate of the University of Florida. With a deep-rooted passion for all things Gators, he wholeheartedly embraces everything orange and blue!
Following his graduation from UF, Evans went on to serve in the Army and has a profound appreciation for how much our Veterans have sacrificed. When he isn't attending to his patients, Evans takes pleasure in spending quality time in the Florida outdoors with his wife and two daughters.
Born in Zimbabwe, he hails from a culture where oral tradition serves as the fundamental means of handing down knowledge across generations. This upbringing instilled in him the importance of being an attentive listener. Committed to this principle he promises to always strive to listen more than he talks. That way you and he will chart the best path towards helping you hear better.
Read 7 verified patient reviews for Ocala Hears Audiology! Their average review score is 5 () from 7 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“ OCALA HEARS, is an EXCELLENT name for this practise. It took me to become 60 years young to APPRECIATE an AUDIOLOGIST. His attention to detail is comforting, knowing there aren't the slightest of areas being left out. All of my questions were answered, in a way, that, I only asked once and remember once. His answers didn't leave me guessing. My hats off to this gentleman, as well as, the staff there. Miss Brown. ”
“Dr. Pemba is a very caring audiologist. He listens to my concerns about my aids and made the adjustments accordingly. He didn’t just suggest a change, he explained why the change in ear pieces was a good choice for my hearing loss. He is very kind and considerate and did I say he listens to the concerns. Also his receptionist is wonderful. Took her time to explain the time it would take for her to remove moisture from my aids. Would recommend Dr. Pemba to everyone. ”
“Dr. Pemba spoke at my health education center to a group of senior citizens on the relationship between diabetes and hearing loss. He gave an excellent presentation, both in my opinion and the opinion of several of the participants. Dr. Pemba is personable and knowledgeable. We will be happy to have him back as a speaker again in the future.”
“I brought my mom (96) in to be evaluated by Dr. Pemba and I want to say that he has far exceeded any expectations I had for hearing aids and hearing loss. He worked with my mother with so much patience and care. I don’t believe I could find anyone so devoted and sincere about his profession. Although I live two hours south, I would recommend my family and friends from my location to see Dr. Pemba for any hearing aid needs. He is highly educated in his field and felt totally at ease with him and his receptionist Crystal. I found all the knowledge that was given by Dr Pemba to be very interesting and very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Pemba with Ocala Hears, for any hearing loss needs. ”
“I’ve been going to Dr. Pemba for years. Your hearing is very personal to him. He never gives up until your hearing is the best it can possibly be. He is careful to program your hearing aids for your different environments. I never question his expertise. That’s a given for me, but I especially appreciate that he genuinely cares.”
Experience improved hearing and a higher quality of life for years to come, guided by the expertise of a trusted hearing professional. At Ocala Hears, we take pride in fostering long-term relationships with our clients. Our commitment to providing exceptional personal service starts from the moment you step through our doors and extends far beyond your initial appointment.
Your hearing matters! let’s talk.
Call Us Today or complete the Request an appointment form above and get your questions answered.
Our friendly office is located on SE 18th St in the Deerwood Professional Park West building. We are in Suite 203.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Serving the hearing needs of adults and children 8 and older
- Hearing tests - The hearing test will also measure how well you hear and understand speech. This may include testing to determine how well you hear speech when there is considerable background noise
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations - We will review your hearing test results with you and determine your degree of hearing loss. Afterward, together we can discuss potential treatment options and which hearing aids will work best for your situation
- Hearing aids - including digital, Bluetooth and the latest advanced technology
- Rechargeable hearing aids
- Custom made hearing aids and earmolds - We create a personalized ear impression of your ear for a custom fit.
- Hearing aid fitting - Consist of programming your hearing aid to amplify the frequencies you’re struggling to hear based on your test results. Personalizing the fit, evaluating the performance, providing care instructions and discussing the advanced features.
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Management- Tinnitus known as a ringing, buzzing, hissing or clicking sounds in your ears that last five minutes or longer.
- Dizziness evaluations and balance testing - Depending on your symptoms and overall health, we may recommend balance and vertigo tests including the Dix Hallpike Maneuver. If positive, we can offer same day treatment with the Epley maneuver. These tests will not only evaluate the extent of your dizzy disorder but can indicate the cause as well.
- Wax removal, we can help you remove the earwax safely
- Hearing Aids Services: Clean,check, and Programming
- Hearing Aid Repairs
- Hearing aid accessories
- Hearing aid batteries,ask us about our Rechargeable batteries.
- Custom earmolds, swim plugs, noise protection including industrial, motorcycle riding and shooters plugs
- Hearing aid adjustments - The fit of your hearing aids may also need to be adjusted periodically. Excessive feedback or whistling may indicate a problem with the fitting, or that a new earmold is needed. Your hearing may also worsen over time, which will require reprogramming your hearing aids. Hearing aid adjustments can typically be done quickly during an office visit.
Only the Best Hearing Aid Brands
Hearing Aid Sales - Finding the right hearing aid depends on the type of hearing loss you have, the severity, and the features you’re looking for. At Ocala Hears we work with the best hearing aid brands in the world to ensure you get quality hearing aids:
- ReSound GN
What’s the Best Way to Pay for Your Hearing Aids? - In addition to offering a wide variety of affordable hearing aids, we accept credit cards, insurance, and financing options. Let us help you find the best payment option to suit your personal needs.
The best way to be certain is to call us, so we can verify whether your insurance will cover your purchase. Let us spend the time on hold and see if you already have any hearing aid benefits.
- All Major credit card accepted
- Financing Your Hearing Aids
- Allegro Credit®
Ask about our discount for veterans and we Thank You for Your Service
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
|Monday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Thursday||9:01 am - 4 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 4 pm|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details