Dr. Richard Navarro, Ph. D, Audiology & Speech Pathology, will test your hearing and share with you the cause of your hearing troubles. With over 50 years of experience and 60 years as a hearing aid user, Dr. Navarro is the expert in hearing care. Most importantly, he will help you learn what you can do about it. While it may only be earwax, it could be a dangerous medical problem! Dr. Navarro is a graduate of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine with extensive experience helping people around the world.
He brings 40 years of management and administrative experience, 14 inventions, four issued patents with two patents pending, and scores of professional publications and presentations. While at Lake Michigan College, Dr. Navarro took a course in speech correction, which led him to WMU. He was initially drawn here because of Dr. Charles Van Riper, a pioneer in the field of speech-language pathology and audiology, and founder of the Speech Pathology and Audiology program at WMU.
Outside of teaching for 17 years as a university professor, working as an audiologist for 52 years and doing missionary work with deaf children in Central America, Dr. Navarro has dedicated himself to a critical environmental cause. Today, he’s the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Innovation Officer of Renewable Ocean Energy, Inc., where he’s invented a revolutionary method to produce low-cost, reliable renewable energy on any water source—without sun, wind, batteries, tides, currents or a dam.
In short, he’s never let his hearing impairment stop him from doing anything, even fighting to resolve the hydroelectric energy crisis. His advice for the next generation: “Accept everyone else and be kind! Don’t be intimidated when you encounter someone smarter than you. It will happen, so learn from them and teach them what they don’t know.”
Read 3 verified patient reviews for Pupila Family Eye & Ear Care! Their average review score is 5 () from 3 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“The staff are so helpful and nice. This office is very professional and provides so many services! They had helped me book my grandma for Dr. Navarro, the audiologist. He was so patient with her and explained the procedure very well and different types of hearing aids. My family being new to hearing aids, it was such a big step for my grandma to finally get the support and instrument needed for her hearing. I truly appreciate their service and we will be coming back here again for our eyes and ears!”
“Amazing! So happy with my service, everyone was so knowledgeable and kind! Would recommend to all friends and family. ”
“Very clean office and professional staff. Dr. Navarro educated me and my mom on all the options and helped me pick the best fit for me. My mom loves her new hearing aids. Highly recommend.”
At Pupila Family Eye & Ear Care, we are committed to providing comprehensive care for our patients, which is why we offer a full range of audiology services for all ages as part of our eye and ear health evaluations. By assessing your hearing health, our audiology team can help you identify if there is a hearing loss and provide you with the necessary support and treatment to manage your condition effectively.
We also have a second location to serve you:
Located at 12512 Memorial Dr., Ste A, Houston, TX 77024
*At the corner of Benignus and Memorial Dr.
Memorial Dr. Hours of Operation:
- Sunday & Monday, Closed
- Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, By Appointment Only
- Closed for Lunch everyday from 1-2 pm
We offer a wide range of audiology services, including:
- Hearing evaluations/test: Our hearing evaluations are comprehensive and include a variety of tests to determine the extent of your hearing loss, if any. We will also discuss your lifestyle and any concerns you may have so that we can tailor our recommendations to your specific needs.
- Speech audiometry: This evaluates a patient's ability to understand speech and can help identify the type and severity of any hearing loss.
- Hearing aid sales, fittings, programming and adjustments: If you are diagnosed with hearing loss, we offer a wide range of hearing aids (including rechargeable and Bluetooth) to meet your needs. Our audiologists will work with you to determine the best type of hearing aid for your lifestyle and budget, and we will provide support and follow-up care to ensure that your hearing aids are working optimally.
- Pediatric hearing evaluations: Our practice also offers pediatric hearing evaluations to help diagnose and treat hearing loss in children.
- Acoustic Reflexes: This tests for proper middle ear functioning.
- Behavioral observation audiometry: For young children and infants, we offer behavioral observation audiometry to assess their hearing health and identify any potential hearing problems early on.
- Tinnitus management: Tinnitus is a condition that causes a ringing or buzzing sound in the ears. Our audiologists can provide a variety of treatments to help manage tinnitus, including sound therapy and counseling.
- Balance testing: If you are experiencing dizziness or balance problems, we offer a variety of balance tests to help diagnose the underlying cause of your symptoms. Our audiologists can then provide recommendations for treatment or referral to a specialist if needed.
- Custom earplugs: If you are exposed to loud noises on a regular basis, we can provide custom earplugs to help protect your hearing. Our audiologists will take a mold of your ears to ensure a perfect fit, and we offer various options for different types of noise exposure.
- Hearing aid supplies including batteries, cleaning tools etc.
- Hearing aid accessories
- Hearing aid repairs cleanings and maintenance schedules
Our Houston Ear Care Staff Is Here To Help You With Your Insurance
Not sure if your insurance plan is accepted at our hearing clinic? give us a call, we’d be happy to discuss your coverage and see how we can help you.
We also accept CareCredit. This allows you and your family to get the HEARING care you need today, and pay it off over time in monthly installments that won’t break the bank.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
We are preferred providers of the NFL Players Association’s Professional Athletes Foundation. Our goal is to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and fit them with the hearing technology they need.
We are a proud partner of HearStrong, an organization that spreads hearing loss awareness and provides hearing aids to those in need.
|Monday||9:30 am - 1 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am - 1 pm, 2 - 6 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am - 1 pm, 2 - 6 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am - 1 pm, 2 - 6 pm|
|Saturday||Open by appointment|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices