Dr. David Ward, Au.D., is the owner of Better Hearing Audiology and lead audiologist. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University; his master’s degree from Portland State University; and his Doctorate of Audiology degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
He learned about the field of audiology while pursuing his bachelor’s degree in Speech Language and decided that audiology would be his career path. Dr. Ward has been an audiologist for over 2 decades, practicing in a variety of settings, including ENT offices, private practices, and a children’s hospital. When placing a pair of hearing aids in his patients’ ears Dr. Ward enjoys seeing the look of surprise on a family member’s face when they see their loved one can hear a whisper for the first time in years. Dr. Ward loves being able to help people regain their hearing and communication.
Outside of work, Dr. Ward enjoys family time with his wife and their six children.
Letty is known to all as our, friendly and very knowledgeable Office Manager. She comes to Better Hearing Audiology with over 20 years of experience in the management field. Previously she worked in an audiology clinic and in a medical equipment office. Letty also has an abundant work history in customer service. Working in a professional environment where she could utilize her organizational and customer skills while managing daily office tasks and helping others is what she has always wanted to do.
She has a teaching degree, a Linguistic Certification, and is bilingual in English and Spanish. Letty loves working with the people who come into our office and having the opportunity to help those who could benefit from our hearing services.
Letty has one adult daughter and one teenage daughter. She enjoys spending time with them, reading, watching movies, travelling and also volunteering in her community.
Click on the orange button above and tell others about your experience at Better Hearing Audiology to help them find the hearing care they need.
At Better Hearing and Audiology, we believe that better communication begins with better hearing. We are certified audiologists and able to find solutions for your hearing needs, whether you are affected by severe hearing loss, tinnitus, or another hearing disorder. We take the time to get to know our patients, so we can understand how hearing loss is affecting you. We want to help you experience a life full of hearing. Through our diagnostic testing, we will discover the root cause of your hearing difficulty, and then we will work together to come up with a solution that will allow you to reconnect with your loved ones.
Our office is located on Prospect Ave between Church of God and SM Faculty and across the street from Starbucks. We are in Suite C in the building with parking in front and back.
Hearing Tests and Audiometric Evaluations - Come in for an appointment and see how the latest hearing aids can improve your listening experience. Try them for free!
- Air and Bone Conduction Testing
- Speech Testing
- Distortion Product Otoacoustic Emissions (DPOAE) Testing
- Tympanometry or Acoustic Immittance Testing
- Live Speech Mapping
All of these tests will help our audiologist determine the type and severity of your hearing loss, so we can create a custom treatment plan to help you hear better.
- Tinnitus therapy - Do you experience bothersome ringing in your ears? There are treatment options available and we can help you find the best way to soothe your tinnitus.
- Hearing aid fittings/dispensing
- Pediatric services - Pediatric audiological evaluation for children six months and older. We offer pediatric hearing aids that can help your child hear better and will also help with their speech development.
- Hearing aid sales
- Hearing aid programming and adjustments
- Custom hearing aids and earmolds to fit your unique ear shape
- Real-ear measurement to ensure your hearing aids are the perfect fit.
- Cerumen (earwax) removal
- Hearing aid repairs services
- Hearing aid cleanings
Hearing Aids in Albuquerque, NM
- ReSound GN
Todays hearing aids offer advanced speech processing, wind reduction, and improved management of feedback and more:
- Bluetooth hearing aids pair with your smartphone to easily stream phone calls, music, and more.
- Rechargeable hearing aids use a portable charging device instead of relying on batteries.
- Smart hearing aids have cutting edge features such as a heart rate monitoring and fall detection.
- Hearing aids that are controlled by an app allow you to make adjustments on-the-go.
Custom ear plugs and in-ear monitors for:
- Sound crews
- Concert goers
- Airline personal
- Medical professionals
- Construction workers
- Industrial workers
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
We are preferred providers of the NFL Players Association’s Professional Athletes Foundation. Our goal is to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and fit them with the hearing technology they need.
We are a proud partner of HearStrong, an organization that spreads hearing loss awareness and provides hearing aids to those in need.
|Monday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 5 pm|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices