Stuart is the owner of Hearing Associates and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech and Hearing Science and Psychology from Michigan State University and a Master’s degree in Audiology from Northwestern University. He has previously served as President of the Iowa Speech Language Hearing Association, President of the Iowa Speech Language Hearing Foundation and President of Clear Lake Parks and Recreation Board. He enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with his family. He leads a team of highly qualified and trained Audiologists at his practice.
Tanya earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Audiology from the University of Iowa, Master’s degree in Audiology from Northwestern University and Doctorate from A.T. Still University. She wanted to work in the healthcare field and took classes in Audiology, Pharmacy and pre-med. She spent a summer job shadowing with a local pharmacist as well as at Hearing Associates, P.C.. She was impressed with Stu’s business and how passionate he was about helping patients with hearing problems. As an audiologist, she is able to work in the healthcare field, diagnosing ear and hearing problems and improving patient hearing and communication abilities. Tanya enjoys time with family, traveling, gardening, scrapbooking and watching her sons play in a variety of sports, including golf, hockey, track, basketball and baseball.
Rachael earned her Bachelor of Arts in Speech and Hearing Science and Psychology from the University of Iowa and Master’s in Audiology from the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. She has always liked working with children and had initially wanted to help them with hearing loss as a speech pathologist. After taking some audiology classes, though, she realized that she enjoyed the science of hearing and the technology involved with hearing aids, so she decided to become an audiologist. Rachael enjoys reading, embroidery, knitting, sewing and spending time with family.
Christine earned her Bachelor of Applied Arts in Communication Disorders from Central Michigan University and proceeded to also earn her Doctorate of Audiology from Central Michigan University. Christine enjoys spending time with friends, family and pets, hiking and camping, sewing. Christine discovered audiology through studying speech language pathology. However, after job shadowing an audiologist during a clinical placement, she realized that she had true passion for audiology. She had then decided that she would continue her education in audiology instead of speech language pathology.
Caroline earned her Bachelor of Arts in Speech in Hearing Science and Psychology from the University of Iowa and proceeded to also earn her Clinical Doctorate of Audiology from the University of Iowa. She completed her externship at the Yale Hearing and Balance Center in New Haven, CT, but moved back to Iowa to be closer to family. Caroline loves working with older adults and building a relationship with patients through their hearing care journey. She has a special interest in hearing conservation efforts and educating the public about protecting their hearing. In her free time, Caroline enjoys reading, going for walks, yoga, puzzles, playing games with her husband, and spending time with friends and family.
Bryce attended Brigham Young University-Idaho and received an undergraduate degree in social work. After a few years working in the field of social work, he chose to continue his education and earned an undergraduate degree in communicative disorders from Utah State University. Dr. Phillips graduated with a Doctorate in Audiology from University of North Texas, and the mountains, trees and family convinced him to move to the PNW. He completed his externship at ENT Associates and decided to stay after graduating. Dr. Phillips is a clinical audiologist and enjoys working with children and adults doing diagnostic testing and treatment for hearing loss.
Read 87 verified patient reviews for Hearing Associates - Mason City! Their average review score is 4.94 () from 87 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“I was very happy with the care I receive with the testing and knowledge they presented with my personal hearing issue.”
“Very caring staff with all of my hearing needs. Amazing service and knowledge. ”
“I have always trusted the care of my hearing to Hearing Associates. I have a lot of confidence in Stu. ”
“Knowledgeable, caring, took time with me cause it was first time with hearing aids. Thank you all”
“Staff was very professional, the audiologist was very professional and knowledgeable ”
A message from Hearing Associates - Mason City:
Your health is a top priority for the team at Hearing Associates. We continue to take extra steps to ensure your well-being while attending to your hearing needs. We follow all cleaning/antiviral procedures set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a daily practice.
Hearing Associates has been serving the needs of individuals in northern Iowa and Southern Minnesota since 1987. We provide comprehensive hearing and balance testing and hearing aid services to patients living in Mason City, Iowa and the surrounding areas. We’re committed to helping you overcome your hearing and balance conditions.
We have nine locations throughout northern Iowa and southern Minnesota area to serve you.
Walk In Hours for hearing aid repairs and cleaning are from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm daily to serve your immediate needs.
Hearing Services - From newborns and children to adults and seniors, our experienced audiologists have the expertise, technology and care to bring you from silence to better hearing by providing:
- Diagnostic balance testing to identify and treat imbalance problems and dizziness associated with your hearing loss. Using videonystagmography testing (VNG)
- Extensive hearing testing/evaluations - You’re welcome to bring a loved one to your consultation as well. Family and friends provide specific insight into your hearing loss that will help your audiologist address your condition.
- Hearing device demonstration - Typically done after a hearing test, this allows the user to experience new technology for themselves in a live listening environment with devices set for their own unique hearing needs.
- Programming and fitting of hearing aids - Our team of audiologist will work with you to customize the settings of your hearing aids so your devices will be well adjusted and ready to take on and adapt to different listening environments.
- Hearing aid consultations - Our follow-up appointments are intended to ease your transition period after you receive new hearing aids. Your ears and brain need time to adjust to hearing the sounds you’ve been missing.
- Warranty programs
- Hearing aid batteries and accessory sales
- Hearing aid battery recycling
- Comprehensive follow-up care, including regular hearing aid cleanings and adjustments, as well as annual hearing screenings.
- Hearing aid repairs
- Earwax removal
- Redux moisture removal systems for hearing aids (available at our Mason City and Albert Lea offices)
Hearing aid sales, treatment options for every budget - Once we have assisted you in determining the most suitable hearing aid for your needs, we will proceed to measure you ears and place an order for your customized devices. Once your devices arrive, we’ll fit them to your ears utilizing Real Ear Measurement (REM). This process ensures precise programming of your test results and preferences, delivering a tailored and ideal listening experience. We carry hearing devices and products from some of the leading manufacturers in the industry:
We carry hearing aid devices that differ in size, placement, feature, amplification including rechargeable, Bluetooth and streaming hearing aid options.
Tinnitus Treatment - Experiencing roaring, buzzing or ringing in your ears? Schedule a tinnitus treatment appointment and our audiologists will help provide a solution that best for your needs.
Custom Hearing Protection - Products from Westone and Sound Gear in standard or digital protection options for:
- Musician Ear Plugs
- Custom Earbuds
- Swim Molds
Financing - Hearing Associates has information to help patients relieve the financial pressure of paying for their hearing aids.
- We are contracted with many insurance companies that offer audiological service coverage.
- There are several financing options, subject to credit approval, that can help you get your hearing aids sooner and pay them off over time.
Hearing education - “Your Hearing Journey” is a series of classes that provide support, education and information to help you. Our classes:
- Network with people who share similar hearing experiences.
- Find answers to your questions.
- Understand appropriate expectations of sound amplification.
- Learn to care for and maintain your hearing aids.
- Implement effective communication strategies.
- Learn about environmental obstacles and how to overcome them.
- Develop strategies to protect your hearing.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
|Monday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details