Spring Valley Hearing Center
MA, CCC-A, FAAA
Audiologist / Owner
Licensed audiologist Elise Ney, MA, CCC-A is certified in both audiology and hearing aid dispensing with over 30 years of experience. She is an active member of The American Speech Language Hearing Association, The American Academy of Audiology and the DC Speech Language Hearing Association. It has been her mission over these last 30 years to offer her patients the most personalized, knowledgeable and unhurried care to help improve their overall quality of life.
As an independent private practice facility, Ms. Ney is able to work with several different hearing aid manufacturers allowing her to prescribe the most appropriate technology for each individual hearing loss. Towards that goal a detailed hearing history is obtained, a complete diagnostic evaluation is performed to arrive at a complete picture of your communicative needs and how best to address those issues. We are also fully aware that hearing aids are an investment, so continued follow-up care and maintenance are vital for continued success and optimal performance of the instruments.
"It is my hope and guarantee that you leave my office feeling confident that you have received the best care possible."
ReviewsHealthy Hearing posts all positive and negative reviews that meet publishing criteria.
Read 30 verified patient reviews for Spring Valley Hearing Center! Their average review score is 5 () from 30 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“I have consulted three excellent audiologists since mid-2021 for help with my high-frequency hearing loss in both ears. Ms. Elise Ney has given me—now at age 84–the best results with the hearing aids she provided. The earlier two audiologists provided other hearing aids that I wore for a month or more and turned in for refund. Ms. Ney also gave me the best hearing test of the three and the clearest explanation of my loss and what current technology could do to improve the overall sharpness and clarity of my hearing in various environments. I chose five stars to represent her application of available technology. My loss was caused during my two-month Midshipman (Freshman) summer cruise on the USS Iowa (BB 61) in 1957, when I was 18. Among other things, I was assigned to a gun-firing station inside one of the ship’s 5-inch/38 gun mounts, which fires two guns within the mount at a firing rate of ca. 6-8 firings per minute, as directed by a central fire-control center providing computed gun azimuth and elevation to the mount. Several hours of extremely high-decibel firing concussions over several days—without hearing protection—produced my profound high-frequency hearing loss. My ears “rang” for days. I’m providing this detail to frame the difficulty with which Ms. Ney dealt.”
“Elise Ney is knowledgeable and very skilled at matching clients to the hearing aid which is most effective for their particular kind of hearing loss. My hearing loss is atypical, and she patiently worked with me to fit and adjust the right device. She is a warm and caring professional, and I recommend her highly.”
“Elise Ney is a great audiologist and a true professional . She takes the time to explain things to you and answer any questions while putting you at ease. She makes time to review whatever is needed, make adjustments to hearing aids, and follow up to see how things are going. She is pleasant and cheerful. I would highly recommend her practice without hesitation.”
“Elise Ney attended to my needs with utmost competence, respect and saintly patience. Her warmth, professionalism and sincerity is hard to come by. I highly recommend her. My visit was prompt, fun, exact and the technology used cutting edge. ”
“Elise is professional and knows her profession. She did my hearing test and explained my results so I completely understood what hearing loss I was experiencing. Under no pressure she guided me to the best hearing aids for my needs. I am very happy to recommend Elise to anyone with hearing loss.”
A message from Spring Valley Hearing Center:
In these truly uncertain times, your safety and security are of utmost concern. I am open for business while implementing increased protocols to keep you safe.
The Spring Valley Hearing Center, incorporated in 1989, is a small welcoming private practice Audiology Center that provides a complete range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services, including the latest in hearing aid technology. Elise Ney, M.A., CCC-A was prompted to open her own practice after working in the public sector for 5 years due to a desire to offer more individualized care and service. A great deal of technological changes have occurred in the last 30 years, but what has not changed is Ms. Ney's compassion and motivation to help her patients.
We are located on Massachusetts Ave where Yuma St intersects. McEnearney Associate Realtors is labled on the building, we are in Suite 29.
Hearing care services
We are proud to be your trusted resources for hearing aids and hearing care services in the Washington DC / Bethesda area. Our services include the following:
- Diagnostic audiologic evaluation, hearing test will include, Otoscopy (physical examination of the outer ear and, ear canal and eardrum) Pure-tone and Bone Conduction testing, Speech Reception Threshold test (SRT) and Tympanometry (test of the middle ear) to determine the health of the ear canal and the middle ear.
- Evaluation for hearing aid recommendation, If your hearing test reveals a permanent hearing loss, hearing aids may be recommended.
- Hearing aid sales, a wide variety of hearing aids with the latest technology including Bluetooth and streaming capability
- Hearing aid dispensing and fitting programmed with your prescription to fit your hearing needs
- Live speech mapping, is a hearing aid verification method that is used to ensure that your hearing aids are programmed for your individual needs
- Hearing aid adjustments as needed
- Tinnitus treatment options, tinnitus is the term used to describe the condition of perceiving a ringing, buzzing or whooshing noise in one or both ears
- Hearing aid cleanings and maintenance scheduling
- Hearing aid repairs
- Hearing aid batteries and accessory sales
- Assistive listening devices
Hearing Products Created by the Best in the Industry:
Custom earmolds and hearing protection for:
- Hunting and shooting
- Music, for performing musicians and concert-goers. Also great for flight attendants, bartenders, waiters, dental professionals.
- Swimming and showering – and they FLOAT!
- Surfing, designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind.
- Occupational, Ideal for high-noise industrial environments
- iCustom, For use with any bud/button style earphonesDefendEar 1, Amplification for situational awareness, as well as noise attenuation when you pull the trigger
- DefendEar 2, Offers two modes, game, which is optimized for intermittent shots, and clay mode, which is optimized for continued shots
- DefendEar Hunter, Offers standard digital features and provides protection in windy environments
We accept CareCredit ®
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Masks worn here
Hours of operation
|Monday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||Open by appointment|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Masks worn here
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details