Dr. Sarah Borer was born and raised in Tiffin, Ohio. She completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Sciences at Ohio University. She received her Doctorate in Audiology at Central Michigan University. She completed her residency at Dayton Ohio VA Medical Center.
Dr. Borer is a strong advocate of continuing education in her profession in order to stay current on available technologies and therapies that will benefit her patients. She has interest in several areas of research. Some of her work has been published in the journal of Noise and Health.
Dr. Borer joined the staff at ENT Center in 2007 and has expertise in adult diagnostics, amplification, bone-anchored implants (BAI) and hearing protection. Her broad clinical background allows her to provide a wide range of solutions for her patients. She is an active member of the American Academy of Audiology.
Click on the orange button above and tell others about your experience at Sound Hearing Solutions - Buffalo Grove to help them find the hearing care they need.
Sound Hearing Solutions is affiliated with The Ear Nose and Throat Center (ENTC). At the ENTC, we recognize that your choice of physician and audiologist is driven both by the doctor’s competency and personality. Our staff works together as a team to be sure we are responsive to your needs and keep you informed about your health issues.
We have two locations to serve you better:
Northwest Community Medical Center Building
1450 Busch Parkway, Suite 140
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Office Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Hearing Aid Cleaning Walk-In Hours
Tuesdays and Fridays - 11:00am-12:00pm
Parkside Building at Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street, Suite #301
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Office Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Hearing Aid Cleaning Walk-In Hours
Monday-Friday - 10:00am-11:00am
In order to provide you with the best possible service, please call to make sure an audiologist is in the office during walk-in hours. We look forward to getting to know you.
Hearing care services
- Hearing Test - Hearing testing determines the type and degree of hearing impairment
- Pressure Testing - Pressure testing is immittence testing to assess the function of the middle ear and eardrum
- Subjective Head Noise (Tinnitus) Assessment - The subjective head noise (tinnitus) assessment utilizes pitch matching to help you better define your tinnitus, and is useful when counseling about strategies to address tinnitus.
- Otoacoustic Emission Testing - Otoacoustic emission testing is the objective measure of peripheral hearing used in tinnitus assessments and difficult-to-test individuals.
- Hearing Aids - We offer a wide range of styles and technology levels to meet your listening needs and financial parameters. See examples of hearing aid types, and overview of hearing aids.
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) - ALDs are technologies used to improve daily communication that can be utilized with our without hearing aids.
- Swim Molds - Swim molds are ear protection for when swimming and can be useful for those who are prone to ear infections after swimming or have had tubes put in their ears.
- Hearing Protection Devices - Protecting your ears from extreme or unwanted noise is central to maintaining your hearing health. We offer general and custom hearing protection including:
- General noise protection
- iPod earbuds
- Musician's ear plugs
- Hunters plugs for shooting
- Sleep plugs
|Monday||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details