Dr. Gherian holds a Doctor Audiology degree from the Northeast Ohio AuD Consortium, a collaborative program of the University of Akron, Kent State University and the Cleveland Clinic. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Toledo. Following a year of fellowship at a VA hospital in Cleveland he dedicated over a decade to an Otolaryngology practice in Dover, OH. Dr. Gherian’s extensive medical background has made him an expert in managing both basic and complex hearing loss conditions his remarkable contributions led to remarkable growth of the audiology and hearing aid department under his sole leadership.
In April of 2022, Dr. Gherian fulfilled a long-held dream by acquiring HEARINC.))). He is married and a father of 5, with a passion for cycling, outdoor activities, travel, and home improvement projects.
Read 5 verified patient reviews for HEARINC - Akron! Their average review score is 5 () from 5 reviews.
Write a review Sort by:
“This review is long LONG overdue. I have had HEARINC hearing aids for a little over a year now and would like to share my experiences with you. After visiting various other hearing care providers, I then went to see Jim at HEARINC. Before my appointment he wanted both my wife and I to show up because he wanted a third party perspective on what it was like to converse with me, someone who knew me best. We all talked a little discussing my problem areas and then performed the hearing test. Once done, he walked out of the office. When he came back in he had a set of hearing aids and was programming them based off of my hearing loss. He put them in my ears. I could hear the birds and cars outside, I could hear his assistant on the phone in the other room. Let me just say this “these are not your Grandparents hearing aids”. I was in shock that no background noise interfered with what I really needed to hear (crystal clear clarity). He then explained to me in plain English what happens in the brain when you live with deafness for a long time. He explained to me questions that I did not even have to ask. He is very intelligent and knowledgeable. Jim took the time to get to know me. We then talked about affordability and we literally didn’t have to think twice about it. HEARINC was a lot more affordable then other places I had visited. When we were leaving (obviously with my new hearing aids) we pulled to the street and when I flipped my turn signal on I could hear it clicking. At that point I knew I had been missing out on hearing a lot of the most simple things not to mention normal conversations with people. Later that day after my wife left for work and as I was getting ready for work I had to call her and ask her if our floors always creaked like that (I admit, I got a little emotional hearing sounds that were lost to me for a long time). This was a life changing event for me. The only regret I have now, is not knowing Jim and HEARINC when I started researching my hearing loss. In any case, it still lead me to Jim. If I have a problem, Jim solves it. He periodically tests and adjusts my hearing aids as needed along with the support he gives when I need it is absolutely amazing! From the bottom of my heart, Thank you Jim! -Danny”
“They are soo helpful and so professional. Great customer service. ”
“Was very pleased with the way Jim Morris and his staff took excellent care of my hearing needs. They did an exam and explained my hearing issues. I have had my Oticon unit for about 18 months and couldn't be happier. I strongly recommend working with Hear Inc for your hearing issues. ”
“She explained everything in detail and made sure I got my hearing aids into my ears properly. I learned how to apply them and about cleaning them and all the equipment.”
“They explained things well. ”
In order to provide the highest quality solutions available, while serving in a capacity of understanding each person's lifestyle and budget, appointments begin with a thorough interview. The interview is designed to help understand patient and family interactive history, symptoms, and problems. Patients are given a comprehensive hearing evaluation based on results.
Patient and family participation, understanding, and comfort are vital to each step in the HEARINC.))) process.
HEARINC.))) takes pride in providing caring, professional services, along with a relationship of confidence and trust that will last a lifetime.
We now have three convenient offices please see our links above.
Call today for your appointment to begin hearing better!
HEARINC.))) is Ohio's source for quality hearing care services, including:
- Diagnostic Audiologic Evaluation / Testing - These various tests will determine the degree of hearing loss, the type of hearing loss and the conditions of the ear canal and middle ear.
- Hearing Aid Evaluation and sales - Choosing the perfect hearing aids with an audiologist guidance is an exciting process due to the wide range of options available. At HEARINC.))) an audiologist will schedule your first hearing aid evaluation. The appointment will go over the many benefits of owning a hearing device. Everyone’s listening habits are unique, so this is a good time to find the right device to suit your preferences.
- Hearing Aid Fitting and Programming - The fitting begins with a sound test to measure your reactions to soft and loud sounds. During the tests, the audiologist will also show concern about the comfort and fit of the device. Accuracy and clarity of sound are some of the biggest strengths of hearing technology. That is why the programming aspect of the appointment places significant emphasis on optimization. Individuals wear their hearing aids in diverse environments with various sounds. The voices they hear change daily and the noise levels fluctuate. Your experience of these real time changes largely depends on how the audiologist configures the hearing device.
- Live Speech Mapping - Is the same as a real-ear measurement, but modernized and the most effective verification method for programming a new hearing device. It allows the audiologist to do optimizations while seeing the changes in real time. We can visualize how you hear, and that makes a dramatic difference in the prescription of a hearing aid.
- In-home Hearing Services - For your convenience, we want to deliver full audiology services directly to your place of residence. This includes delivery services for testing hearing, hearing aid repairs and sales, ear wax removal, and more! Currently, we offer these services during our regular, weekly hours.
- Industrial Hearing Screening - A routine hearing examination not only helps detect early signs of hearing impairment but also emphasizes the importance of everyday preventative measures, like using air plugs, in avoiding permanent hearing loss.
- Tele-Audiology - HEARINC.))) is proud to offer Tele-Audiology as an accessible option for you to be seen at our practice! Tele-audiology offers several benefits to patients and makes it easier to get the care you need. Plus, a virtual option is more efficient and saves money.
- Tinnitus Treatment Options - What treatments are available? Various treatments are accessible to alleviate tinnitus symptoms such as; acoustic therapy or sound therapy, Sound therapy makes use of sounds to help the brain re-focus and diminish the emotional impact of the tinnitus. Hearing aids equipped with a tinnitus-masking feature to help individuals block out the noise and provide much-needed relief even if hearing loss isn’t present. Tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT), also known as habituation therapy. This therapy attempts to retrain your brain into perceiving the tinnitus in a different way.
Additional Hearing Services:
- Hearing aid repairs, cleanings and ongoing maintenance
- Hearing aid battery and accessory sales
- Custom ear protection / plugs
Insurance And Financing At HEARINC.))) we work with most major insurance companies. Financing Options, CareCredit and Wells Fargo Health Health Advantage.
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
|Monday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4:30 pm|
|Evening and/or weekend hours available by appointment. Please call to schedule.|
Service pets welcome
Assistive listening devices
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Insurance accepted, please call for details