Gary Fike, Jr
Dr. Gary Wayne Fike, Jr, owner of Palmetto Family Hearing Center, has been an Audiologist for 15 years, thirteen of which have been in the Charlotte area. He has extensive experience in complete diagnostic hearing evaluations and hearing aid technology. Dr. Fike continued his education to the highest level to best serve his patients. He also obtained his board certification, which requires a significant amount of continued education.
As a graduate student, Dr. Fike had a dream to one day open his own audiology practice to serve the hearing needs of families in his community. That dream became a reality when Palmetto Family Hearing Center opened its doors. Dr. Fike founded Palmetto Family Hearing Center with the purpose of providing personalized hearing care with the best possible technology while spending quality time with his patients.
Dr. Fike grew up in Painesville, Ohio and is a local resident of Fort Mill, South Carolina. Dr. Fike is married to Jenny, a Fort Mill Native, and they have two children, Noah and Adelie. Outside of helping patients hear well, Dr. Fike enjoys traveling and spending time with his family and friends. He is actively involved in the community as a board member for Pierce’s Project, which serves families of premature babies, and as a volunteer at Children’s Attention Home.
• Doctorate: Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida
• Graduate: Master of Arts in Audiology, Kent State University
• Undergraduate: Communication Disorders, Bowling Green State University
Certifications and Licensures
• Board Certified in Audiology
• Fellow in the American Academy of Audiology (F-AAA)
• Licensed to practice Audiology and dispense Hearing Aids in the states of South Carolina and North Carolina
• American Academy of Audiology
• Future Leaders of Audiology
• Audiological Resource Association
This provider participates in the following insurance and discount plans: AARP-HearUSA, Prime Health, MCAS, NEI, AFE USA, TruHearing, UAW, Harmony Hearing, Advanced Hearing Providers, OCCM, Homelink and Federal Employee Program.
Read 5 verified patient reviews for Palmetto Family Hearing Center! Their average review score is 5 () from 5 reviews.
“My experience was personable, professional, old-care, clean and punctual. ”
“I came to see Dr Fike for help in managing my Tinnitus. I no longer slept through the night and had such distraction during the day, it was maddening at times. My wife was also frustrated not being able to relieve my pain. After a full exam, Dr. Fike provided a solution. Sound therapy. We were desperate for any kind of help, so I went home and tried it. It's been several nights since my visit, and I'm delighted to say that I am now sleeping all night and have less detraction during the day. I can't say enough about Dr. Fike's professionalism and easy manner in which he helped me. It was worth the three hour trip. ”
““Grateful” Is the word I would use to describe my experience with Dr. Fike! I’ve been wearing different types of hearing aids for the past 22 years. You name it, I’ve done it when it comes to hearing. On Friday, December 15, one of my hearing aids stopped working. To my surprise, when I explained my situation to him, he immediately made an appointment for me on Saturday. What a blessing! I’m now hearing better with my new hearing aids than I’ve heard in decades. I can’t truly explain in words what it means to hear things that you thought you would never hear again. For this I will be forever grateful! Do yourself a favor and make an appointment with him. He changed my life for the better, and he can do the same for you!”
“With my new hearing aids, I enjoy much-improved hearing, better communications with family. ”
“I am totally delighted with the hearing improvement I experienced as a result of Dr. Fike's care. I couldn't be more enthusiastic about the benefits of a thorough hearing exam and the new hearing aids Dr. Fike prescribed. ”
About this clinic
At Palmetto Family Hearing Center we are dedicated to serving our patients' hearing and tinnitus needs with expertise, technology and personalized care. We encourage participation of the entire family. Our goal is to spend the time that is necessary to learn about each of our patients and to make recommendations that will improve your quality of life. We want to reconnect you with the people you love.
- Complete Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Treatment
- Individualized Hearing Aid Evaluation to determine the best fit for the patient
- State of the Art Hearing Aid Technology
- Personal Technical Verification of Hearing Aids
- Hearing Aid Repairs
- Hearing Aid Accessories and Smartphone Compatibility
- Musician Ear Plugs and In Ear Monitors
- Custom Ear Plugs for Swimmers, Sports Enthusiasts and Industrial Workers
- Assistive Technology
- Tailored education, including use and care, is provided with every purchase
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details