Dr. Shawna Lee is fully licensed by the state of Wisconsin and certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association to provide comprehensive audiological and hearing aid services. Dr. Lee earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders from San Diego State University. She was awarded her Doctorate in Audiology by the University of California San Diego and San Diego State University. Her prior clinical experiences at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego and Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton have allowed Dr. Lee to obtain valuable experience serving a diverse patient population. Dr. Lee worked closely with the Mild Traumatic Brain Injury team at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton to meet the unique needs of service members returning home with hearing and balance related problems. Dr. Lee recently served as lead clinic research coordinator for The Tinnitus Retraining Therapy Trial. This is a National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded study. She was trained in Tinnitus Retraining Therapy, which was developed by the world-famous Dr. Pawel Jastreboff. Dr. Lee was also responsible for developing and implementing a tinnitus program at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton for service members returning from deployment with debilitating tinnitus. Dr. Lee has a personal understanding of the challenges faced by hard of hearing individuals; as she has been a hearing aid user since a young age. Creating a custom hearing solution for each patient is her passion and was her primary area of concentration through her Doctoral research. Dr. Lee is a firm believer in providing evidence based hearing aid fittings through the use of real-ear measures to ensure that each patient’s communication needs are met. She is committed to providing comprehensive, patient centered care to her patients here at Sacred Heart Head and Neck Center.
About this clinic
The Sacred Heart Head & Neck Center offers adults and children who are experiencing trouble breathing, speaking, singing, smelling, hearing and more, extensive medical and surgical options for diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck. Our highly trained physicians Rima DeFatta, MD, Robert DeFatta, MD, PhD and audiologist Shawna Lee, AuD, CCC-A, FAA utilize the latest treatments and technology available in their fields, because they believe it is their responsibility to provide each and every patient with the best options and outcomes available—close to home.
- Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment of Hearing and Balance Disorders:
- Complete diagnostic hearing evaluations for infants to adults.
- Hearing Conservation services
- Ototoxic monitoring using Distortion Product Otoacoustic Emissions testing and high- frequency audiometry
- Videonystagmography (VNG)
- Computerized Dynamic Posturography (CDP)
- Auditory Evoked Potentials Testing Pediatric and Adult Aural Rehabilitation through the use of Advanced Technology
- Customized hearing aid evaluation and hearing aid fittings. Hearing aids are fit using real-ear verification. This is a scientific approach to fitting hearing aids which ensures an individualized and optimal fit for each patient.
- Implantable BAHA technology for patients with conductive hearing loss or single-sided deafness
- Bluetooth connectivity options for television, the telephone, and for music
- Amplified Stethescopes
- FM technology
- Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Evaluation and Treatment
- Custom Earmolds
- Hearing protection
- Swim plugs
- Musician’s monitors
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:30 am|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:30 am|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:30 am|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:30 am|
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:30 am|
Accepted forms of payment