Audiologist Deborah Rooney specializes in rehabilitative audiology and hearing aids. She holds a Master of Science degree in Audiology and a certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
About this clinic
Hearing health, and protecting what hearing we have, is essential.
The Fletcher Allen Healthcare Audiology Center offer complete hearing evaluation and treatment services for adults, children and infants. A diagnostic hearing evaluation to determine the type and degree of hearing loss is the first step in solving the problem. Our audiologists are highly skilled, with many years of combined clinical experience and state-of-the-art testing equipment.
The audiologist will explain the test results and help you understand your treatment options, communicating with your doctor along the way. We provide education about how to prevent or reduce the possibility of further hearing loss and specialized hearing loss diagnostic and rehabilitative services.
The Audiology Center is authorized to provide hearing aid services for private pay and third party payers (Medicaid, Vocational Rehabilitation, Children with Special Health Needs and various private insurers).
- Hearing Aid Selection - Following a hearing loss diagnosis, the audiologist will discuss the benefits and limitations of hearing aid use with you. They will help you choose a hearing aid suited to your level of need, budget and lifestyle.
- Hearing aid fitting - We work closely with you to provide a device that is comfortable and beneficial. We teach you proper care and use procedures and counsel you towards successful outcomes, following best-practice guidelines developed by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. In doing so, we verify that the hearing aid provides the proper amplification for your hearing loss and lifestyle.
- Hearing Aid Follow-Up - To be sure the hearing aids work properly, re-check appointments are scheduled, giving you an opportunity for adjustments or modifications.
- Hearing Aid Servicing - Our Audiology Assistant offers cleaning and other minor in-house repairs for hearing aids in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) - The benefit of your hearing aid is affected by the noise of your listening environment. ALDs can often be used along with hearing aids to help reduce problems caused by background noise. We can help determine if an ALD might be beneficial, and then help fit and adjust the device.
- Hearing Preservation and Conservation - We are dedicated to working with anyone who is interested in preserving their hearing: musicians, motorcyclists, hunters, construction workers and others. We have a wide variety of solutions to help reduce the side effects of noise. We also offer every day solutions for customizing the fit of MP3 players, cell phone/Bluetooth technology and other listening devices.
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Thursday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Friday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financial aid
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details