Stephanie Sanchez holds a doctorate in audiology as well as a certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
C. Maria Jaunakais
After living her whole life in the humid mid-Atlantic, Maria moved to Albuquerque in May 2014. She received a B.A. in Hearing and Speech Sciences from the University of Maryland in College Park, earned her Doctorate of Audiology (Au.D.) from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and completed a one-year fellowship at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. Maria discovered the field of communication sciences and disorders in high school and later solidified her desire to study audiology in college. She works with patients across the lifespan and with all degrees of hearing loss. When not in the clinic, she loves to hike, read books, spend time with her nieces and nephew, and listen to live music (with hearing protection).
Read 16 verified patient reviews for Albuquerque Speech Language Hearing Center! Their average review score is 4.94 ().
“I thought she was very smart. She knew what she was doing. ”
“I liked her knowledge and her willingness to answer my questions without any issues. She was very open.”
“I liked everything about the manner how the whole visit was handled.”
“They seemed experienced. ”
“We were in and out easily. She was very thorough - she explained every thing and we were satisfied. She explained a lot of details, which we liked.”
About this clinic
Albuquerque Speech Language Hearing Center was established in 1953 and is the only 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit speech and hearing center in New Mexico.
Our sole mission is to provide high quality communication and hearing service to all individuals, children and adults, who are deaf or hard of hearing or who have difficulty with speech or language. As a non-profit organization which utilizes grants and donor contributions to help fund programs, ASLHC can provide products and services on a sliding fee scale or at no charge to clients who are uninsured, underinsured, or low-income, including the elderly, children and the underserved. In so doing, the Center plays a valuable and unique role in the community.
The Center is located in Albuquerque and is easily accessible to individuals residing anywhere in New Mexico. All of our clinicians are Masters and Doctoral level, nationally certified, and state licensed.
* Comprehensive hearing evaluations and screenings for children and adults
* Industrial hearing screenings
* Evaluation and selection of hearing instruments to meet your needs
* Custom hearing aid fittings, including conventional and advanced digital instruments
* Advice and counseling on the use and care of hearing aids
* Live speech mapping to ensure maximum hearing aid benefit
* Minor hearing aid repairs on-site, usually within 48 hours
* Custom hearing products, including musician earplugs, swim molds and hearing protection for marksmen
* Assistive Listening Devices, including FM technology, alarm clocks, doorbells, television and phone amplifiers.
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||Open by appt.|
|Tuesday||Open by appt.|
|Wednesday||Open by appt.|
|Thursday||Open by appt.|
|Friday||Open by appt.|
Accepted forms of payment
- Financial Aid
- Insurance accepted, please call for details