Dr. Joni Skinner is a licensed audiologist who joined our team in 2007. She earned a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from the University of Massachusetts and her doctorate in audiology from PCO School of Audiology. She holds a certificate of clinical competence in audiology from the American Speech Language Hearing Association and is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology. Dr. Skinner’s interests lie in audiological diagnostics, hearing aid evaluations, fittings and management for people of all ages.
Read 24 verified patient reviews for Clarke Hearing Center! Their average review score is 5 () from 24 reviews.
“Everything about setting up my hearing aid was explained very well, answered all my questions. All instructions on care, inserting and maintaining my hearing aid was very helpful. ”
“What I liked best were Dr. Skinner, the hearing aids and the professional and caring service. ”
“I enjoyed the professional service I received from the appointment setting, reminder calls, billing and especially the help in choosing the proper hearing aids, fitting and follow up. I highly recommend the Clarke Hearing Center. ”
“I appreciated the accuracy and personal attention. ”
“Everything at Clarke Hearing was excellent, the same for the staff. ”
About this clinic
Clarke offers a variety of hearing health care services for adults and children. The Hearing Center in Northampton helps individuals of all ages improve their access to sound through expert evaluations and state-of-the-art amplification in a friendly and supportive environment.
We provide individualized attention aimed at helping all clients function happily and effectively in their day-to-day lives with the hearing equipment and support that is most appropriate for them.
The Hearing Center provides the following hearing health services for infants through adults:
- Assessing the type and degree of hearing loss
- Working with the patient and their family to create a detailed picture of how hearing loss is impacting the patient’s communication
- Determining how hearing loss may be affecting client’s education, occupational performance, or social interactions.
- Ensuring the patient understands his/her hearing loss and how it impacts the listener
- Involving and educating the client’s family members and significant others to help them understand how the client’s hearing loss impacts listening and communication and what they can do to help.
- Hearing aids recommendations when appropriate
- Individualized prescriptions for amplification, based on a detailed history, test results, and conversations with the patient and family
- Verification of the fitting, utilizing state of the art technology
- Annual care and support for the use of the amplification throughout its lifetime
- We offer a wide selection of custom earmolds for use with personal hearing aids, cell phones, office telephones, MP3 players, swim earplugs, earplugs for blocking out noise during sleep
- Providing sound level measurements to assure noise exposure is below the allowable levels
- Recommending appropriate environmental changes and/or personal hearing protection
- Hearing Protection: We offer a wide range of ear plugs with various filtering characteristics to help reduce unwanted noise exposure while maintaining the information necessary for communication or musical enjoyment
- A full line of active and passive hearing protection is available for hunters, musicians, and the hobbyist
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Insurance accepted, please call for details