In 1946, four physicians returning from World War II established The Baton Rouge Clinic. Our founders, Drs. Cheney Joseph, Joe Sabatier, Mortimer Silvey and Gerald Joseph attended Tulane Medical School together and worked together as residents at Charity Hospital in New Orleans. The idea of a group practice, especially a multispecialty practice, was a new concept at that time. Some physicians ridiculed the idea and some even declared it unethical.
Our founders were ahead of their time. They understood the value of physicians working together both in terms of improved patient care and better efficiency. The original location of The Baton Rouge Clinic was 2221 Plank Road above the Pig and Whistle Restaurant.From its inauspicious beginnings, The Baton Rouge Clinic has grown into the largest group medical practice in a multiple parish area.
By 1949, Drs. Melvin Schudmak, Charles Mosley and Charles Prosser joined the original partners. The group needed more space and relocated to Madison Avenue. The practice continued to grow and in 1950 moved into a new building on North 19th Street where it remained until 1975. On July 4, 1975, the Clinic again relocated to a modern facility on Goodwood Boulevard. A 16,000 square foot addition was completed in 1990.
»Call (225) 754-4303
ACL Hearing and Balance has been serving the Baton Rouge community for nearly 25 years. Our experienced audiologists educate our customers about ...
»Call (225) 754-4413
Our staff members are dedicated professionals with a passion for customer care. We pledge to provide you with prompt, state of the art care from ...