Eckelmann-Taylor Speech & Hearing Clinic - Illinois State University211 Rachel Cooper Camplus Box 4720 Normal, IL 61790
About this clinic
The Eckelmann-Taylor Speech and Hearing Clinic at Illinois State University is one of the largest university hearing and speech clinics in the midwest, with over 12,000 patient visits per year. The clinic treats all clients in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orgin, disability, age, sexual orientation or status as a parent.
We offer clinical services to the general public and the campus community. We serve the needs of people in the Central Illinois community regarding communication disorders.
The functions of the Eckelmann-Taylor Speech and Hearing Clinic are:
- To provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to individuals with a variety of speech, language and hearing disorders
- To be a center of information to the Central Illinois and Illinois State University communities concerning the nature, prevention and treatment of speech, language and hearing disorders
- To serve as a training center for graduate students in speech-language pathology and audiology
Let our expert team help you with your hearing loss. Call today for an appointment.
Eckelmann-Taylor Speech & Hearing Clinic audiology services for adults:
- Diagnostic hearing testing
- Aural rehabilitation
- Hearing aids and accessories
- Assistive listening devices
- Earwax removal and management
- Custom earplugs for swimming and noice protection
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) evaluation and management
Eckelmann-Taylor Speech & Hearing Clinic audiology services for infants and children (the Children’s Hearing Evaluation & (Re)Habilitation Program):
- The CHERP team includes four doctoral-level Audiologists with training and experience in pediatric diagnostics and intervention strategies. Audiologists work alongside advanced Audiology students who have had special training in pediatric hearing tests.
- Our newly redesigned pediatric test suite allows for individualized evaluation and intervention in a comfortable environment.
- The pediatric clinic is fully equipped with cutting edge diagnostic equipment, including a Vivosonic Integrity “Awake ABR” for evaluating young infants and children.
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations for children birth through age 21
- Newborn hearing screening and follow-up diagnostic evaluations
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing
- Middle ear evaluation
- Pediatric hearing aid evaluations, fittings and follow-up
- Custom earplygs for swimming and noice protection
- Assistive technology including FM systems and alerting devices
- Pediatric Aural (Re)habilitation
- Auditory Processing (APD) evaluation
- Consultations with pediatric audiologists
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Accepted forms of payment
- Financial Aid