Dr. Girard holds the Certificate in American Sign Language and Deaf Studies from the University of Iowa, and has earned her certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology by the American Speech and Hearing Association. In addition, she is a fellow member of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology and the American Academy of Audiology. Furthermore, she has served on the Board of Directors of the Illinois Academy of Audiology, and has presented on several topics, including hearing loop technology, and ultra-high frequency audiometry at state and national conventions. Locally, Dr. Girard has given educational seminars on a variety of topics, including Hearing Loss and Dementia and Fall Prevention.
An Illinois native, Dr. Girard resides in the northwest suburbs with her husband Joe, and their son, Colton.
Dr. Kneip received her professional doctorate in Audiology. Professional interests include diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, patient education, and empowering patients to be advocates for themselves and others with hearing loss.
Dr. Kneip was honored for Outstanding Academic Achievement while completing her Doctorate in Audiology. Her professional memberships include American Academy of Audiology (AAA), Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), Illinois Academy of Audiology (ILAA), and the Ida Institute. She has presented at the North Shore chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America, Rotary Clubs, AARP, and Senior Circle on a variety of topics, including the importance of assistive devices, hearing loops, aural rehabilitation classes, and the link between hearing loss and dementia. Dr. Kneip teaches Beyond Hearing Aids: Sound Advice Classes at Hearing Associates, and leads the Waukegan Deaf and Hearing Loss support group.
Dr. Kneip resides in the northwest suburbs. She enjoys watching football, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Awarded the 2011 American Academy of Audiology Presidential Award “in grateful appreciation for her significant contributions to the American Academy of Audiology and the profession of Audiology”
- Recognized in the AARP Bulletin as a “hearing aid expert” in AARP’s Guidelines on Purchasing a Hearing Aid
- Recognized by the Better Hearing Institute (BHI) for the practice’ Audiologic Rehabilitation Classes and their positive impact on Patient Empowerment in BHI’s Audiologists Changing their Communities Series
- Served on the Board of Governors for the American Board of Audiology (ABA)–the professional organization that board certifies audiologists
- Research Collaborator for Frank Lin, M.D., at John’s Hopkins Center on Aging, regarding their joint Investigation of the Newly Discovered Link between Hearing Loss and Dementia
- Received the Oticon’s Focus on People Award–Practitioner Division
- Published articles in Audiology Today, Audiology Practice, the Hearing Journal and the Hearing Review
- Earned her Doctorate in Audiology from the University of Florida
Read 8 verified patient reviews for Hearing Associates Inc - Libertyville! Their average review score is 5 ().
“I liked her manner and her knowledge.”
“She was very helpful and good interacting skills. ”
“They were able to take me in right away and I did not have to wait weeks for an appointment. ”
“I liked how she was very nice to me. ”
“She was very relaxed and calm and explained everything very well. She repeats if I have trouble understanding. ”
About this clinic
For over 30 years, Hearing Associates has been helping people who have concerns about their hearing and balance. Our doctors of audiology at Hearing Associates are educated, trained, and experienced to investigate, diagnose, and treat:
Ringing of the ears
Problems hearing in background noise
Hearing but not understanding
Sensitivity to loud sounds
Momentary dizziness when getting up
Frequent incapacitating room spinning
Our doctors of audiology are medicare (and other insurance) providers. Testing is often covered.
- Hearing tests and a wide variety of hearing aids for all lifestyles and budgets
- Basic comprehensive audiometry
- Speech in noise test
- Immittance measurements
- Distortion product otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing
- Ultra high frequency audiometry (HFA) assessment
- Amplified telephones
- Television amplifiers
- Hearing loops (the TV in each of our waiting rooms is looped for demonstration purposes)
- Amplified doorbell ringers, shake-awake alarm clocks, and other alerting devices
- Aural rehabilitation classes (complimentary)
- Beyond hearing aids: sound advice classes are offered on the first three Wednesdays of the month in the conference room at our Gurnee office. Reservations are required.
- Tinnitus management
- Custom earmolds and earplugs
- Our doctors of audiology at Hearing Associates will assist you in securing a free amplified telephone from ITAC (Illinois Telecommunications Access Corporation). Audiologists are the only professionals (in addition to your physician) who can certify that you qualify for this free government service. And, we will help you obtain an addition ITAC amplified telephone every four years.
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am - 4:00 pm|
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details