Tampa Childrens ENT
About this clinic
Tampa Children’s ENT was founded in 2009 after observing a need in the Tampa Bay community for a practice dedicated to the care of children with disorders of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck. Originally started out of one office in Tampa, the practice has expanded into a second outpatient clinic location in Riverview, Florida, and will soon expand into the Apollo Beach area.
Tampa Children’s ENT has grown to now include two board certified pediatric ENT surgeons, two pediatric audiologists, and a full pediatric nursing support staff. Pediatric inpatient care is provided in conjunction at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital. The doctors at Tampa Children’s ENT obtained subspecialty fellowship training at leading academic medical institutions throughout the nation; as a result they have brought that pediatric specialty training back to the greater Tampa Bay community. Tampa Children’s ENT has the expertise to care for children with any ear, nose, throat, head and neck, or communication disorder whether straightforward or complex. Our goal is to provide the highest quality care to your child and educate parents along the way allowing them to make the best medical decision for their child. Pediatric focused ear, nose, and throat care was the reason why Tampa Children’s ENT was started and remains a core principle today.
Tampa Children’s ENT: Your child. Our focus.
Our pediatric audiologists provide comprehensive diagnostic and rehabilitative audiology services for children from birth to 21 years of age.
Audiology Evaluations - We use a variety of methods tailored to the unique needs of your child
- Middle ear evaluation - assessment of the eardrum and reflexes of the middle ear muscles
- Otoacoustic emission (OAE) testing - assessment of the cochlea
- Behavioral hearing evaluation - this is an assessment of your child’s hearing that is adapted to your child’s age and development. We provide hearing testing prior to a speech and language evaluation as well as follow up testing after a failed hearing screening at school or at your child’s Pediatrician’s office
- Newborn hearing screening - we participate in the national and state initiatives to identify potential hearing difficulties in newborns as soon as possible. All babies should receive a newborn hearing screening, including those born in a birth center
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) evaluation - this assessment is performed in our office under natural sleep for babies from birth to 3 months of age. It checks the function of the auditory nerve and provides an estimate of hearing sensitivity. Any baby who fails their newborn hearing screening should receive follow-up testing as soon as possible.
- Auditory Processing Evaluations - an auditory processing disorder affects the way that the brain processes auditory information. This may lead to difficulties with listening, following directions, and understanding what other people say. Also, it may cause academic difficulties, such as difficulties with reading and writing. A child needs to be at least 7 years old for an auditory processing evaluation.
Audiology Treatment - For infants, children, and adolescents diagnosed with hearing loss, our pediatric audiologists will help you make informed decisions for your child
- Hearing aids - we assist in the selection of appropriate hearing aids for your child as well manage the devices to ensure proper function
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA) - these types of hearing aids are used for children who cannot use traditional hearing aids. We offer BAHAs on a softband and surgical BAHAs
- Cochlear implants - these devices are for children who are deaf. We work with your child to determine if they are a cochlear implant candidate. Once your child receives the device, we will program the device to ensure that your child receives the best access to sound
- FM systems and assistive listening devices - some children with hearing loss and auditory processing disorders may benefit from a device that helps them hear better in challenging listening situation, such as a classroom. We assist in selection of appropriate FM systems for your child and help manage the devices for proper function.
- Swim plugs, musician’s ear plugs, and hearing protection
|Monday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Thursday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Friday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details