“I am passionate about helping people find the best solution to their hearing needs!”
- 1996 - B.A. in Biology from Marietta College, Marietta, OH
- 1999 - M.S. in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences - University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2003 - Au.D. in Audiology - Pennsylvania College of Optometry’s School of Audiology, Elkins Park, PA
- Third generation Board Certified Hearing Instrument Specialist (BC-HIS)
- Over a decade of experience fitting analog, programmable, and digital hearing instruments
- Clinic Director at University of Colorado’s Audiology Department in Boulder (1997-1998)
- Internships with Dr. Paul Dragul, Dr. Alan Lipkin, and Dr. Cameron Shaw, ENTs (1998-1999)
- Hearing Instrument Specialist & Director of Audiology for Miracle-Ear Hearing Centers (1996-2002)
- Co-Owner and Director of Audiology for Audiology Associates of Las Vegas (2003-2011)
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) training with Pawel J. Jastreboff, Ph.D., Sc.D. (2003)
- Neuromonics Tinnitus Treatment training (2005)
- Founder and Co-Owner of The Sound Relief Center (2011-present)
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- American Doctors of Audiology (ADA)
- American Tinnitus Association (ATA)
- Arehart, K.H., Rossi-Katz, J., Swensson-Prutsman, J. 2005. Double-Vowel Perception in Listeners with Cochlear Hearing Loss: Differences in Fundamental Frequency, Ear of Presentation, and Relative Amplitude. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, 48(1), pp. 236-252.
Dr. Thea Wickey is passionate about Audiology and helping patients achieve a better quality of life. Through experiencing the challenges of severe hearing loss first-hand alongside her grandfather, she was drawn to this field at a very young age. Dr. Wickey received her Bachelor’s Degree in Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences from the University of Northern Colorado in 2007 and her Doctorate Degree in Audiology from the University of Northern Colorado in 2011.
Read 12 verified patient reviews for Sound Relief Hearing Center - Highlands Ranch! Their average review score is 5 () from 12 reviews.
“Easy to communicate with.”
“They were very informative & very nice.”
“I liked their respect and answering all my questions and giving me a good understanding of the program, because before I went I really didn't know what to expect.”
“I liked their personal interest and kindness.”
“I have used hearing devices for over 10 years. Over the years they continued to work but my hearing gradually worsened. I work with the public on a regular basis and I had modified my methods to communicate with them. I was amazed the difference the new devices did for me. I strongly recommend Dr. Julie. Everyone is very professional, courteous and ensures your experience with them is informative and no pressure to sell something to you. I recommend them to anyone that has a hearing issue. ”
About this clinic
Sound Relief Hearing Center combines family tradition with cutting edge technology to provide our patients with the best tinnitus treatment and hearing solutions. We are a family owned and operated audiology practice that is dedicated to our patients and their families. With three Tinnitus and Hearing Centers in Denver, we are proud to fulfill the needs and exceed the expectations of our patients from Colorado and across the United States.
- Tinnitus Treatment; Consultations and Evaluations
- Hearing Testing and Evaluations
- Hearing aid sales and repairs
- Invisible hearing solutions
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5:00 am
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Thursday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Friday||8:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Evening and/or weekend hours available by appointment. Please call to schedule.|
Accepted forms of payment
- American Express
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details