Doctor of Audiology Joyce Sexton opened Northern Hearing Services in 1988. She earned her Bachelor of Science from Purdue University, her Master’s degree from University of Montana and her Doctor of Audiology degree from AT Still University in Arizona.
When she isn't in the office helping people hear better, she enjoys reading, x-country skiing, running, biking and attending sporting events.
Read 3 verified patient reviews for Northern Hearing Services Inc! Their average review score is 5 () from 3 reviews.
“She was extremely friendly, and she worked very well with the baby.”
“They were very very helpful for my mom and very mindful that she couldn't hear. I felt she knew what she was doing. I felt very confident. I thought that they were absolutely attentive to my mom's needs.”
“She was professional and got the job done quickly. ”
About this clinic
Northern Hearing Services was started by Dr. Joyce Sexton, AuD so she could help people of Alaska hear better. Northern Hearing Services serves people from all parts of the state in Anchorage and Wasilla offices and outreach clinic locations. Joyce was working for the Anchorage School District and decided she could better serve the hearing healthcare needs of Alaskans by having an independent practice. At first Joyce worked by herself testing and fitting hearing aids.
However as other hearing healthcare needs emerged Northern Hearing Services expanded and grew to meet those needs Currently Northern Hearing Services now not only evaluates hearing loss and fits, repairs, evaluates, and sells hearing aids, but they perform ABR tests and have been selected to be the Audiologists for the Alaska Cochlear Implant Network.
Northern Hearing Services now has offices in Anchorage and Wasilla with outreach clinics in Kodiak and Valdez.
- Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
- Expedited Sudden Hearing Loss Evaluations
- Pediatric Hearing Evaluations
- Newborn Hearing Screenings and Evaluations
- ABR/BAER (Auditory Brainstem Response Testing)
- Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Management
- Baha Evaluation and Management
- Pediatric and Adult Hearing Instrument Fitting and Management
- Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Evaluations and Management
- State-of-the-art Hearing Aids and Wireless Accessories
- Walk-In Hearing Aid Services (see Contact page for walk-in hours)
- Hearing Instrument Repair Services for Hearing Aids, Cochlear Implants and Baha
- All Types and Sizes of Batteries
- Custom Ear Molds and Musician Plugs
Call this clinic today!
|Monday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||Open by appt.|
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details