Starkey Hearing Technologies, a global leader in hearing technology, is excited to announce that three custom wireless styles – completely-in-canal (CIC), in-the-canal (ITC) and in-the-ear (ITE) were recently introduced to its wireless family. The additions complement the wireless receiver-in-canal (RIC) 13 and RIC 312, providing a personalized experience and one-of-a-kind solution for each patient. The new styles are available in the Wi Series® product family under the Starkey label, along with the wireless families for Starkey Hearing Technologies’ other brands including Audibel®, AudioSync™, NuEar™ and MicroTech™.
Starkey Hearing Technologies’ proprietary Comfort Fit process allows for smaller, more comfortable custom wireless products. All of the styles offer full wireless functionality, including complete wireless media streaming and programming, Binaural Spatial Mapping and synchronized user controls. Additionally, the hearing aids offer optimal volume control, a program switch, directional microphone when available, automatic telephone response and telecoil.
The wireless family’s advanced features include:
- Binaural Spatial Mapping, Starkey Hearing Technologies’ proprietary system that intelligently optimizes SNR settings based on estimates from both ears, even if it’s asymmetrical. It boosts the performance of the noise reduction and speech preservation system, which is designed to deliver maximum listening comfort and minimizes patient’s perception of disparity and switching.
Frequency lowering technology, which replicates hard-to-hear, high-frequency sounds in lower frequencies. It is designed to enhance and expand audibility.
- Swap Fit, a fitting function that allows a professional to transfer patient settings from his or her current Starkey Hearing Technologies product to a new Starkey Hearing Technologies product.
Starkey Hearing Technologies’ leading noise reduction and speech preservation system is designed to maintain speech understanding in noisy environments and reduce listening effort.*
- Feedback system, which virtually eliminates the annoying whistling and buzzing, or feedback, sometimes associated with hearing aids.
Directional system, which enhances our noise control system by pinpointing sounds people want to hear and minimizing those they don’t.
- Hear Clear™ with HydraShield®2, Starkey Hearing Technologies’ proprietary moisture protection system, making its hearing aids resistant to water, wax, oil and corrosion.
Self Learning, which gradually and automatically learns patient volume control preferences for fewer manual adjustments.
- Ear-to-ear wireless communication, coordinating communication between hearing aids, eliminating the need to manually adjust both devices.
Starkey Hearing Technologies’ wireless product family is designed to enhance TV and radio listening. It works with the SurfLink® Media streamer, a set-and-forget wireless transmitter. There is no manual pairing involved. It automatically streams sound directly to wireless hearing aids when they are in range, and wearers can transition from one device to another simply by moving from room to room. Finally, others in the room can listen to the TV or stereo at the volume they prefer.