Hearing loss is often gradual so it’s not something you may notice right away. There are signs, however – signals that indicate it’s time to see a hearing professional.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following hearing problems or symptoms you should be seen for a hearing test. Based on the hearing test results the hearing professional may recommend treating your hearing loss with hearing aids.
- Have friends, family, neighbors or co-workers told you should have a hearing test?
- Do you listen to the TV and radio at higher levels than others in your home?
- Have you been exposed to loud sound levels over long periods of time, such as power tools, workplace noise or hunting to name a few?
- Do you have trouble hearing in large, enclosed spaces like an auditorium?
- Do you have difficulty distinguishing the voice of a dinner companion through background noise is a loud restaurant?
- Are you straining to clearly hear the voices of children and women?
- Do you ever experience “ringing in the ears?”
- Does your favorite music sound distorted or flat?
- Get the point?
Hearing Test: Your First Step Towards Better Hearing
By visiting a hearing professional for a hearing test you are taking the first step towards better hearing. A hearing test is painless, noninvasive and quickly identifies if you do in fact have hearing loss and if you are in fact a candidate for hearing aids.
To learn more about what to expect at a hearing test visit: No Fear, A Hearing Test Won’t Hurt
Read to take the next step? Find a Hearing Aid Clinic near you today!