In addition to releasing a new hearing aid product line this Spring, Unitron revelaed a new simplified name and a redefined mission when Unitron Hearing became Unitron Connect.
"Yes, our look changed dramatically as of April 1st when we introduced our new brand identity or brand image. Historically we've been known as Unitron Hearing, and now we're Unitron which is how everyone knew us all along", explained Unitron CEO Cameron Hay.
What it means to Connect
Hay explains what the new name Connect symbolizes: "The hearing healthcare professional connecting to their clients, and Unitron connecting to the clients as well through our technology. If you remember we used to have an ear beside our company name, and now it's a different icon, one that embodies the spirit of connection. The points of the icon indicate the connection between - Unitron, hearing healthcare professionals, and clients. And this new icon, as well as the new brand identity has a sense of momentum, excitement and enthusiasm which expresses the culture that we feel at Unitron."
Along with Unitron's new foundation, they launched a new portfolio of products. The new premium hearing aid line is called PassportTM, and also a new ultra-small form factor called ShiftTM, which is a 10A sized CRT (Canal Receiver Technology) hearing aid made it's debut.
Unitron's Passport: Complete User Control With Scroll
With a clearly defined corporate mission statement to improve and simplify connectivity between people with hearing loss and the world in which they live, Unitron delivers more than just a mission statement with the introduction of its new product line that puts control back in to the hands of the hearing aid wear. The aptly named, Passport.
The Passport series of products comes in a variety of styles, from miniscule and low profile to lightweight, behind-the-ear (BTE) power and pizzazz for those who want to make a statement to the rest of the world. The Passport BTEs are sleek, contemporary designs that enable the wearer to make manual adjustments on the fly without drawing a lot of attention.
The aptly named, PassportTM. The Passport product line offers consumers an array of innovative technologies and features to promote clearer, more engaging hearing than ever before:
- SmartFocusTM - gives the hearing aid wearer unprecedented control over their hearing aids' performance. The SmartFocus feature allows real-time adjustment over the combination of four parameters: microphone strategy, speech enhancement, noise reduction and overall volume.
- Smart Control: The Passport product line utilizes an easy-access scroll wheel to make adjustments for anything from microphone directionality to volume control to best suit the wearer's needs at that moment. The wearer can adjust the hearing for clarity and comfort depending upon the type of environment they are listening in.
- Self Learning - the Passport hearing aid gradually learns the hearing aid wearer's preferences in the automatic program. The hearing aid uses this information to adjust the hearing aid automatically when the hearing aid wearer encounters a similar listening situation. Simply amazing!
- Feedback Management system - this enhanced feedback technology (we are talking about the whistling folks) allows the user to wear their Passport with ease. This enhanced system automatically engages and suppresses the feedback to ensure a comfortable listening experience without the whistle.
- AntishockTM- this innovative technology prevents discomfort that is often caused by sudden uncomfortable sounds, such as dropping a plate.
Passport is completely compatible with all wireless gadgets required of today's busy, on-the-go businessperson. Need to keep in touch with the office by cell phone? You are totally good-to-go without the squelch of feedback and other blowback damaging your already sensitive ear mechanics.
Choice of Style
The Passport series of hearing aids comes in a variety of styles, from miniscule and low profile to lightweight, behind-the-ear (BTE) power and pizzazz for those who want to make a statement to the rest of the world.
Introduced with the Passport series is Unitron's latest style is Shift - an ultra-small BTE hearing aid that is stylish and oh so tiny. But don't let the size fool you - this tiny powerhouse comes loaded with all of the many advanced capabilities that the Passport series offers.
This is one passport you will not want to leave home without.