Better Hearing Colorado 2004, May 22, 2004
Doubletree Hotel, 3203 Quebec St., Denver, CO
Do you have a hearing loss, know or supervise someone with one, or live with someone with a hearing loss?
If so, this event is for you!
This one-day Self Help for Hard of Hearing People, Inc. conference will cover:
- Buying and Maintaining Hearing Aids
- Major Medical causes of Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Resources in Colorado
- Cochlear Implants
- Living safely with hearing loss:
- The Psychological Effects of Hearing Loss
- Why do you want to use my vacuum cleaner??
- Speechreading Overview
- SHHH: The Next Generation
- Raising children with hearing losses
- Keeping your speech while losing your hearing
- Parenting with a hearing loss
- The Americans with Disabilities Act and Hearing Loss
- Assistive listening devices and other Assistive Technology
- Ask the Audiologist
- Hearing Loss in the Workplace
Registration costs $35, lunch included, or $30/pair.
Many devices, services and organizations will be represented in the Exhibit Hall. Volunteers are wanted!
Sharon Campbell, Chair
Better Hearing Colorado 2004