You may be surprised to learn that hearing aid prices have actually decreased relatively over time when compared to the rate of inflation. Today’s digital hearing aids prices range from approximately $1000-$3500 per hearing aid, depending upon the level of technology selected.
Factors of Hearing Aid Costs
In addition to the level of technology chosen and the number of features the hearing aids offer, several other factors contribute to hearing aid prices including:
- Research and development costs
- Customization of each device to fit the needs of the wearer
- Manufacturing costs
- Loss,damage and repair warranties included with purchase of hearing aids
- Geographical location which influences cost of living rates
- And an often overlookoed factor, but an important one, is time spent with the professional who fits and services the instruments. Most often the fitting fee and follow up visits for up to a certain amount of time are bundled into the hearing aids prices.
Hearing Aids a Worthy Investment?
Considering when the cost is averaged over the lifetime of the hearing aids (3 – 5 years or more), the cost per day of a pair of highly featured, advanced digital hearing aids is about $3 – less than a large mocha at your favorite coffee shop. Considering hearing aids are proven to not only help you hear better, but to actually improve the quality of life for people with hearing loss and their families, that is money well invested.